1st game with 300/2.8

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Raul_T, May 28, 2007.

1. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    My daughter is playing in the N. America Memorial Day Cup here in Dallas this weekend. I was finally able to shot my first game with my newly aquired D2H and 300/2.8..........it rained nonstop today so I was only able to get just a few pics. There is nothing special about this pic other than it shows the conditions in which we have played all weekend. I just merely wanted to share. All C&C is always welcomed as I wanna learn!!

Straight out of the camera.....only cropped.

Daughter's teammate:

517260515_74ebe5c7d8.

Thanks!

-Raul

2. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Nice shot Raul. Good low angle and sharp.

Don't be afraid of the rain...you can get some wonderful soccer shots with the mud flying etc. With a big, clear ziplock bag and a sleeve cut off of an old raincoat, your gear will be fine.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Looks real good to me, but maybe downsize to 800 pixels on the longest side so we can view a larger image. Thanks for sharing...

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

looks good to me !

5. With some practice you'll be posting Mike/Frank/Topher quality images in no time

6. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks for the comments Ray. Also, thanks for the tip.......I do need to come up with something.

7. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Frank! I feel ignorant, but I don't know how to downsize as you describe.

8. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Topher for taking time out to comment. I'm glad you like it.

9. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks bvonarx for the confidence vote! I do hope to someday get close to their quality images on a consistent basis.

10. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice job with new gear. Practice and it will come. I was just down in that area for Country Thunder and it rained from Thursday when we arrived until Monday when we left. I do know what the field looked like by us, it was horrible. I have some pics of people in the mud over their ankles. It was crazy, they actually cancelled 2 days wortj of concerts.

Good job, keep posting and accept cc and you will do fine!

11. Great color....sharp...you are going to love that lens/camera combo! Thanks for sharing and I'll be looking for more.

12. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Thanks Larz.....I saw where you posted that you were coming to area and when I clicked on the venue site, I saw where it was cancelled......bummer!

We played in the rain for 3 solid days......Fri, Sat and Sun morning. Come Sunday afternoon for the championship games which were all scheduled for 2 p.m, and which my daughters team advanced to play in, they cancelled the games right at KICKOFF TIME. They said the fields were too wet! The irony in that was that it had actually STOPPED raining at that point!!!!!

13. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Yes, it was crazy! I couldn't wait to get home and dry out. LOL.

14. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I'm glad you like it Mason. I can't use that camera/lens enough!