1st HDR attempts- Atlanta skylines

I did the first one from three exposures, the second is just one photo with duplicated layers and layer modes. C&C welcome.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 221736

I agree with Gordon, the sky in the first one doesn't really work for me. Both are nice captures though .......

Best,

Yep, first is impressive, but, a bit in places, blown out.
But the second one is great!
Nice work, it can be hard to HDR tone map, BUT, its all again on the creators opinion.

M

mi2ark

2nd one is great!

I also love the 2nd one. Can we assume that your first was just that? (your first?).

All due respect, the first one does not look all that great.

However, the second one is a great example of HDR and one you should be very proud of

Mike

I agree with Gordon as well.......sorry but the first image doesn't do it for me, but the second one is well done! Either way, it's a great 1st attempt at HDR.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys for the honest opinions. I really dont like the sky in number one either except for the light rays. I think I will try bracketing 5 exposures on the next attempt so I will have more range to work with. I really need tripod for this as well.

#1 just doesn't work for me. #2 is far better. One thing I would do is crop/clone out the tree branches in the upper right. They pull my eye right to them. With HDR, a tripod is a must, especially when using bracketed shots.

#1 just doesn't work for me. #2 is far better. One thing I would do is crop/clone out the tree branches in the upper right. They pull my eye right to them. With HDR, a tripod is a must, especially when using bracketed shots.
I second that.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom