1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st HDR attempts- Atlanta skylines

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by cre8foru, Jul 4, 2008.

1. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    I did the first one from three exposures, the second is just one photo with duplicated layers and layer modes. C&C welcome.
    original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 221736

2. The first one seems a bit unreal but I do like the second one a lot.

3. I agree with Gordon, the sky in the first one doesn't really work for me. Both are nice captures though .......

Best,

4. Yep, first is impressive, but, a bit in places, blown out.
    But the second one is great!
    Nice work, it can be hard to HDR tone map, BUT, its all again on the creators opinion.

5. mi2ark

mi2ark Guest

2nd one is great!

I also love the 2nd one. Can we assume that your first was just that? (your first?).

All due respect, the first one does not look all that great.

However, the second one is a great example of HDR and one you should be very proud of

Mike

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I agree with Gordon as well.......sorry but the first image doesn't do it for me, but the second one is well done! Either way, it's a great 1st attempt at HDR.

7. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Thanks guys for the honest opinions. I really dont like the sky in number one either except for the light rays. I think I will try bracketing 5 exposures on the next attempt so I will have more range to work with. I really need tripod for this as well.

8. #1 just doesn't work for me. #2 is far better. One thing I would do is crop/clone out the tree branches in the upper right. They pull my eye right to them. With HDR, a tripod is a must, especially when using bracketed shots.

9. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I second that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.