1st paid wedding

well I guess you could call it paid.. $500.00 for almost 6 hrs worth of work taking shots of the rehersal and the bride and bridesmaids getting ready before the wedding and then the wedding.. and reception..and a few hours with photoshop to edit them
this was a very hurried event.. less then 15 mins after the wedding to get formals and no time before..
Then the birde and groom where in street clothes in less then an hour after the wedding..
The lighting was horrible in the church and almost dark in the reception hall
no a/c and temps pushing 90 outside.
so it was hoping the sb 800 would be enough to light things.. and sometimes it was too much.. hard to make quick changes between shots.. I learned alot from this one.. and admire the real wedding photogs..
I will shoot more but not going to advertise weddings.
I do family events and some portrait stuff..
so Here are a couple from the wedding
I am delivering 100 pictures on cd and 2 printed 8x10's for my $500.00 fee

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 219004

ah, the 3rd image is priceless
they look so happy to be together
that is nice to see

you did a nice job
i hope that you'll get a lot more business from this venture
it's always nice to get your name known this way

well done
thanks for sharing these with us

Thanks Greg.. I hope so also.. as you can tell I had the same kind of problemas you did with the large group and the smal are.. it did come out ok...

Did you shoot RAW or JPEG? They look too contrasty to me. Also most are hot, his tux looks gray, rather than black.
Hi Tim,

You did a nice job considering the situation! Also, I think Rodney is correct about the tux. Hope you don't mind, but I took one image and PP it using simply RGB levels and moved the black level and white level a bit. Still a little too much contrast (hmmm.... white dress and black tux :smile:). Did you use the flash with a diffuser? I ask because the image is a bit hot IMO. If not, you might want to consider one such as the cloudy Gary Fong unit. Likely it would have help removed the harse shadows and softened the lighting on their faces as well. [FWIW, I use this diffuser on my SB-800s.] Anyway, here is the result.

Regards,

Tim, It looks good for a first wedding.

Three suggestions:
Buy a Demb FlipIt flash diffuser
Shoot RAW/NEF
Use Lightroom

Raw and Lightroom can adjust the photos to look perfect and remove that flash look.

Did you shoot in RAW? If so PM me and I'll show you what I mean. It cannot be done with jpeg.

thanks for looking and the ideas.. knew I was in trouble as soon as I got to the church..hotter then heck outside and no a/c going inside..all the shades pulled except for a couple that were open and no lights.. also I left my diffuser at home.. that was my 1st mistake.. but all in all the couple likes that shots. and if they are happy I am happy..

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom