1st piping plovers of season

I went to the beach on Saturday and saw 4 piping plovers on a wide expanse of sand. I think they have been around for a bit over a week.

i-dqHNTzx-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-qgqjXfW-X2.jpg

i-XjmbWRc-X2.jpg

Thank you for the comments. I enjoy these birds a lot, especially when they are not skittish. The birds look the same, the lens I use is the same - the only thing different is the camera I use. These were taken with the D7100. Last year - D800, the year before the D3X and D300s.

What a great series of images Allan, a nice job for sure. You have done very well with these guys, I can see DOF is limited and they are nice and sharp but feathers are fluffy.

Thank you for the comments. I enjoy these birds a lot, especially when they are not skittish. The birds look the same, the lens I use is the same - the only thing different is the camera I use. These were taken with the D7100. Last year - D800, the year before the D3X and D300s.

Allan, Since you have had several years and cameras, do you see a difference between the shots? Which do you like better, in any?

Real Name
Luis Casals
WOW Allan, Great shots!!! Each one has something to offer and I like them all. However, if I were to pick one it would be the last one.

Latest threads

Top Bottom