1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st Product Video

Discussion in 'DSLR Video' started by WizardOfOz, Jun 3, 2011.

1. One of the main reasons I purchased the D7000 was for the video feature. I am wanting to combine video and stills into one video for my clients (mostly the high school senior market).

However, I am not too busy with Seniors and thought I would make some product videos for my eBay items. Right now, the eBay sales are creating the cash flow that I need to help keep my studio stay open.

Here is my first attempt for a product video. Editing with Premiere Elements 9 (and I am still learning the software).

Equpment used:
    • Nikon D7000 for video
    • Nikon 28-105mm lens for video
    • Nikon D700 for stills
    • Karl Zeiss 100mm Macro lens for stills
    • Wescott SprideLite TD6
    • 12x36 strip light
    • 4'x6' Larson silver reflector
    • 5' slider system
    • Manfrotto 501HDV fluid head

link to video
    Converse Tennis Shoes

Images showing the setup. Note that I was shooting Hotwheels in the images but it was the same setup for the tennis shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IsaacImage

IsaacImage

Mar 16, 2009
    Toronto
    Tanx for sharing.
    The camera is not so steady, but great editing !

3. STBear

STBear

May 30, 2008
    SE PA
    Well done.

4. What an interesting setup.
    You spent time researching and setting it, I can tell.

Video is tricky.
    Your fades are great, but the video is too long.
    Master the software for processing is just one of the things you need to do.
    More important, perhaps, is the story you want to tell.
    This is true even for product video.
    I think some action shots of kids wearing the shoes and jumping up and down, for example, would add more interest.

Adobe has a Story Editing program that can be used in preproduction to help define the scenes you want to show.

When I first started video, I just jumped in.
    I tried several video editing programs including Premier Elements.
    I initially started with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro 9 (newer versions are available now).
    It's actually a series of programs that handle audio, and DVD production too.

Now I've upgraded my computer with an EVGA GTX 570 graphics card and an 850 watt power supply, I'm ready to tackle more complex editing.

I'm using lynda.com, Adobe TV and other web based tutorials in my venture into CS5.5 and Premier Pro.
    One of the things that their videos have shown me is how to make more interesting movies by using a script and adjusting video clips so that what you end up with has view interest and appeal.

You have an excellent start here.
    I'd just urge you go to go further and think about what is really is that you want your viewers to see.

It's something I'm asking myself as I too go through the video (& still) capture, editing and production process.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.