1st shot with my new 70-200mmVR

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jul 26, 2005.

1. I know this photo is not up to par with all of the others posted, but I feel I'm in good company to learn. Just a quick shot, hand held with a TC-14E converter.
    [​IMG]

[/img]

2. Brew

Brew Guest

Nice first shot!!! It is a very nice lens to have in your bag that is for sure. I have the 1.7TC for mine and it works well too..

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not a bad shot Louis. You need just a tad more shutter speed to freeze the head shake, but other than that, it's a good shot. In focus, good color saturation, good action.

Let's see more. :wink:

4. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be back at it this afternoon hopefully.

5. Frank, I'm not sure I'd like it more at a higher shutter speed. It is in-focus enough to ID, but the motion, along with the water-drops, is pretty cool.

Louis, how about you go back and get the duck to do that 2 more times for you? Shoot once as this one and once at a higher shutter speed. Then Frank and I can argue the merits of which is better :lol: :lol:

With this and the others you have shown me, darned good beginning I think.

6. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Nice first shot with that combo! A higher speed would have froze his head, but there's also a bit of shake in there as well.

7. mfrank123

mfrank123 Guest

very nice capture. i guess u have by now fallin in love with that lens. can't wait to get one.

8. Good first shot! Guess you'll be sleeping with that lens for the next little while?? *LOL*

VR will save a LOT of shots for you....