1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st softball of the season

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    D300, with 300 f/2.8 on monopod, set to Aperture Priority, Continous focus, ISO varied...but I don't think I went over 800. (I adjusted ISO manually as the shadows crept in)

115577093.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 388817

View attachment 388818

View attachment 388819

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  2. I like the colors a lot!

If I had to make any suggestions, they would be to not crop at joints - i.e. knees and ankles as in pictures 1,2 and 3.

3. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    That's hard to avoid when shooting with a 300mm f2.8 prime lens. :wink:

Btw, nice shots, Jeff. But softball up here is over for the season. Was this Travel ball?

4. Very nice shots Jeff! i really love the first one. Great composition, and colors!

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks.
    And I agree with you. Just hard for me to do with a 300 lens on a crop body.
    (300 f/2.8 on D300) Frustrating...
    Maybe I need shorter lens. :smile:

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks very much.
    This is the first game of the season, actually. Down here, Softball goes from Aug to Sept in HS. (don't ask me why, I have no idea)
    Whereas college softball is played in the Spring.

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Thanks very much for the kind words. The D300 still delivers great files, in terms of color. I didn't do much in post except crop.

8. All excellent Jeff! I like #3 the best...amazing focus!

my best,

rick

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Rick,
    Thanks for the kind words.

10. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Very nice Jeff. I'd say the first shot is a bit over exposed, but you should be able to help it out in post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.