1st time out with my new 300 F2.8(versionI)

Gonna take some getting used to, and probably will need a more substantial tripod and head set up(any suggestions appreciated). Can't say enough about my first Nikon 300 F2.8. Hands down in a different league than the Sigma and Tokina versions that I previously tested(IMHO). The contrast, color, sharpness, and 3D effect are quite beautiful.

Definitely will be shooting more than horses with this gem. But for now...........C&C much appreciated. Thank you for looking.

In & out sun...WB tough. All shot with D3.

Mike

Click on image for larger view Please!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
number 3 is my favorite, not the #3 horse but the 3rd picture, it would have been the 1st pic, can really see the eye in the 1st pic of the horse

Absolutely one of the best lense Nikon has ever made. You will get spectacular shots with it. Works well with both Kenko Pro 300 1.4x and 2.0x telextenders. Buy yourself a monopod instead of a tripod initially....it will handle 90% of your needs.

Thanks(I think?)...BTW, I ended up not selling the Siggy.

Mike
Oh. It is a compliment even tho it wasn't clearly communicated.

I remembered a few of your track shots with the Sig and they were amazing. I thought you had used the proceeds to fund the 300mm. In any case I find your shots remarkable.

Not overdone. :)

Absolutely one of the best lense Nikon has ever made. You will get spectacular shots with it. Works well with both Kenko Pro 300 1.4x and 2.0x telextenders. Buy yourself a monopod instead of a tripod initially....it will handle 90% of your needs.
Thanks Harry. I know that you are a pro at this lens.

mike

Oh. It is a compliment even tho it wasn't clearly communicated.

I remembered a few of your track shots with the Sig and they were amazing. I thought you had used the proceeds to fund the 300mm. In any case I find your shots remarkable.

Not overdone. :)
Thanks much. Appreciate the feedback.

Mike

wow those are sharp
Thank you,

mike

OK.
Do not over-sharpen your photos, otherwise you will continue to ruin what are otherwise very nice images and completely negate the wonderful image quality that this superb lens can give you.
There. how's that? Constructive enough for you?
I dont see anything wrong with them.....

did you have to come a cross like an**** to the guy? :confused:

very nice photos to the OP

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
OK.
Do not over-sharpen your photos, otherwise you will continue to ruin what are otherwise very nice images and completely negate the wonderful image quality that this superb lens can give you.
You seem to be the only one in the thread that thinks they're oversharpened. I don't see any halos. You like blurry images?

And I agree with the other comment... you didn't need to be an **** about it. Your first post was worthless, since heavyhanded post processing can mean anything at all. Your second post was condescending and arrogant, and uncalled for.

I think they look great to me. Over sharpened? I don't see it. I think the color's and saturation are perfect. Now get out there and take some more.:tongue:

Real Name
Randy
OK.
another C&C non pic poster in action:frown:
i went back to 2008 to view a few of yours and you should spend more time C&Cing your own work:smile:

and this forum is for lusting anyway not for C&C, so either lust or get busy shooting and sharing:biggrin:

You seem to be the only one in the thread that thinks they're oversharpened. I don't see any halos. You like blurry images?

And I agree with the other comment... you didn't need to be an **** about it. Your first post was worthless, since heavyhanded post processing can mean anything at all. Your second post was condescending and arrogant, and uncalled for.
Totally Agree with Mike Here! Thats Not How We "Roll" Here at the Cafe!
Shots are Smokin!!!! Awesome!!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom