1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st try w/ ext. tubes

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by trenchmonkey, Sep 13, 2008.

1. I picked up some Kenko ext. tubes and had a go with the D50/AF 300 f4 ED
    My thought process was if I was happy with the old gear, I'd be thrilled with
    these on the "good stuff". Handheld grabs with the 36mm tube, got my MFD
    down to about 4' or so. Think I'm gonna like these! My understanding was the
    Nikon tubes won't AF so I went 3rd party. That true? Thx for lookin'...Will :smile:

DSC_8606.

View attachment 252866

View attachment 252867

2. nice shots, will
    LOVE that first one

3. Yep Nikon tubes won't AF. I wonder why they ignore the largish segment of tube users, or do they think it would cut into macro lens sales? Nice shots Will....

4. Good stuff Will. Since purchasing an extension tube, I rarely shoot macro without it.

5. Very nice, love tubes, really stretches a lens like the 300, or 70/200. My Kenkos have a lot of "slop" in the connections,just something you have to get use to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.