1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st Wedding: Details

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Contourrob217, Jul 28, 2009.

1. My wife owns an event planning firm so I end up being present at a lot of weddings. I decided that I should start taking my camera along and shoot some details of the wedding so that we have some additional images for her website. We were friends with the professional shooter of the wedding and had an agreement that I'd stay out of the way and only grab some shots of the details (and be willing to provide my shots to the photographer upon her request following the wedding).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW: Is there anyway to remove the watermark when grabbing a link from Smugmug? I'd like to share the non-watermarked photo here but I'm unsure of how to do so.

Thanks!

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    these are very nice, thanks for sharing...looks like you worked out a good deal with the photog.

3. I should also mention that I'm not selling the pics to the couple either...in no way do I want to be the photographers' competition...I just wanted to get some practice and get some shots for my wife's website.

I have to say though that I have a new appreciation for wedding photographers. It is a TOUGH JOB!!! (and my equipment is also totally inadequate for low light situations!)

4. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS

NICE SERIES......Nope cannot grab a clean link from SM....What I do and yes it takes a bit of time and an extra gallery....I make a second gallery of really small sized shots for using on other sites and forums and those have an embedded signature at least or a watermark of my wegsite not just company name......but at any rate you need a special non water marked gallery on SM to do what you want.......or atleast that is the consensus at Dgrin also

but personally i would keep the WM as advertisement for my biz................

Woooohoooo 290 more post and I can go shopping in the Sales forum.....oh yeah I'll beable to sell there also:biggrin:

5. Thanks, I was afraid that you'd say that. I'll probably just post them as shown....oh well!

6. For me, 1 and 2 are too distracting in the foreground

3 and 4 work well

7. Thanks for your feedback Paul, I appreciate it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.