#2 BIF, Black (Cormorant) and White (Pelican)

You probably saw Jim's very rare 2-headed-4-winged white pelican. Well, he missed this even more rare:

1 Headed 4 winged White Pelican:

p1798941370-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

White Pelican Flight Reflection - I like the reflection in both directions, Pelican on the water and water on the Pelican:

p1675093310-4.jpg

White Pelican Wings Down - some folks don't seem to like Wings Down images, I like them both up and down

p1685828335-4.jpg

A couple of Double Crested Cormorant images.

Wings Up:

p1872064281-4.jpg

Wings Down:

p1685803231-4.jpg

Who would think that you would go a couple of hundred miles inland from the ocean to photograph Pelicans and Cormorants. Just doesn't seem right now, does it?

Real Name
Dan
Great set, Bill. I actually prefer wings down. Most birds are more colorful on back than breast and back of wings vs underside. Plus with wings down you don't have to deal with the shadows as much. Up or down I'll take anything I can get if they look like these :smile:

Very nice Bill. Actually I also have the one headed two winged shot I just have not processed it. I like it. What a trip we had.

Thanks, all.

Dan, I agree, I'll take 'em up, down or sideways, they all have character. I just shake my head sometimes when people make these silly blanket statements: "Wings must be full Up and extended" of "You can't have a clipped wing", sheesh, variety is what it is all about!

Jim, what is so funny is that my plan had been to post the "two-headed" Pelican, but you beat me to it :eek:

Funny how three people that are standing not too awfully far apart can get similar images. Next time we should flip a coin for each bird that flies by so we all get different ones :wink::wink::tongue:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom