2 BW Pics from Chicago (D2x)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by voider, Dec 25, 2005.

1. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi,

BW Conversion, Film grain added, and resized

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Hi Timur,

Thanks for sharing! Where were you positioned when you took these 2 shots? I proposed on Michigan Ave at midnight on horse & carriage 11 yrs ago. Married now for 10 years, we visit Chicago every year for a romantic trip back through time...

Thanks for posting. I'll share with my lovely bride of 10 years...

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I love that first shot... Very nicely done...

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The first capture is very interesting. It is amazing how you framed this image, your vision was excellant. The sculptures at Millenium Park are quite ornate and they bode well with the State of Illinois building in the background. Finished very nicely in B/W.

The second capture...vintage Chicago high above the street in the Sears Tower (my guess?)...again, nicely completed in B/W. Great shooting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2005
  6. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thank you all so much. I really enjoy the feedback here at Nikoncafe. I also posted at DPreview but after 30 minutes my post was already on the second page and after 3 hours it was on the third page. D200 Mania!

The first picture was shot from the Millenium Park and the second one out of the Sears Tower both with the 70-200 and D2x

@Frank: you were absolutly right with your guess and I thank you very much for your Feedback.

@GadgetGuy: You are really a romantic guy. My proposal was not as good as yours. I love Chicago and hope to visit it soon again.

Thank you Paul and Dave. I really like the first picture too, especially the contrast of the clouds with the building.

My problem left is that I want to make pictures which express something. Most pictures do not express much nowadays...there are some people who master this art but these are very few. I did not achieve this as well but I am working on it. I guess I have to figure out myself what I want to express and how I want to express it. I think too much about technical issues and composition rather than thinking about what I want to express...

I have now a new procedure for B/W conversion where I have much more control and it is so much fun converting these cloudy boring color picture into amazing contrasty b/w pictures.

Merry Christmas!

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Timur

Love these shots. Funny isn't it - when so many of us are trying to clean up images you introduce some grain to enhance the images - and it works so well!!!

Love the shots and the processing

All the best

Ray

8. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Ray,

Thank you so much. I think the whole noise issue is so overrated at the moment but hopefully will cool down...

Merry Christmas!

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nice set of images. The first abstract is Perfect !

Regards

RFC

10. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thanks a lot RFC!