2 cameras on 1 tripod?

I have been searching the net and found various options for mounting 2 cameras on 1 tripod. I am curious if anyone here has done it and if so what solution did you use? Also what sort of weight limit would a tripod need assuming 1 body with a 500-600mm lens with TC and a second body with a normal to mid range zoom? Assume bodies are d300/d3 type or their successors.

You could probably do it with the Manfrotto arm that Sean linked to above, but I don't think it would be a good idea with a 500 or 600 on one end. The balance would not be very good to say the least.

I know that Joe McNally uses that arm in the studio, but he uses one end to hold his camera when not shooting and the other end to hold a tray that holds his MacBook Pro to shoot tethered. I believe he does this on a beefy 5-series Gitzo.

Isamu raises a good point -- a super tele on the end of a dual platform sounds like a bad idea. If you're talking about a fairly short lens on the second body, another option would be something like a Manfrotto super clamp attached to a leg. Still a long way from optimal, though -- both for stability and convenience, you'd probably be a lot more satisfied with a second tripod.

not worth it, get a second pod. Full wimberly on one, nice ballhead on other, your prepared for any situation.

The best way would be one camera over the other. No leverage that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom