2 D2X shots from the Huntsville Botanical Garden

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, May 17, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Just a couple more that I shot on Saturday w/the D2X...keep in mind that it was extremely overcast...in fact, about an hour after we left the garden the bottom fell out of the sky and rained liked crazy for about an hour and then just stopped. Let me know what you think...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well, I'm thinking Patrick is lucky to have such a generous partner, that would actually let him use her cam.... :mrgreen:

Nice shots. I can't wait for the Cafe get together in July. ;-)

3. These are elegant, Leigh. I love them.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks you guys. I know they are simple...but I'm a simple girl.

5. Leigh, these image are beautiful because of their simplicity. Really well done.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice photos..

7. Leigh, simple but effective. I like the soft focus of the white petals. It gives a dream-like effect to the pictures. Well done.

8. WOW, these are very nice indeed Leigh!! Just wondering........who's camera is that now??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Very nice!
    Jerry Snider

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone....as to the dreamlike effect...that was kind of what I was going for. Anyone remember the scene from the Wizard of Oz when everyone falls asleep form the poppies??? well, these are daisies, not poppies, but w/the first one that was kinda what I was going for.
    And as to who as the camera now...Patrick does. It is his camera...I know it and he knows it!!!

11. Some of your best shots Leigh so when are you getting the 911?

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Ah, very nice. Enjoy your new camera. I hope you both are sharing it well :D

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    4Labs: Thanks! As to the car....Let's see....after I'm done having kids and they've all graduated from college? I drove a Porsche 924s in college myself (Not quite a 911, but fun nonetheless).

Obelix: Thank you....I really enjoyed shooting these. Yeah, we're sharing I suppose....I might even take it on my overnight camping trip this weekend......Hmmmm......nah, I'll just take the CP8800 so I can take it hiking and not have to lug that heavy thing around.!!

Cheers everyone! Look forward to seeing as many smiling faces in July as possible!