1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2 from the zoo practicing w/ the 300 f/4

Discussion in 'Birds' started by catalyst, May 5, 2007.

1. I was inside a local "rain forest" exhibit, and had to crank up the D70 to ISO 800 in order to shoot with a recently-returned AF-S 300 f/4 wide open handheld.

The first I think is OK - composition could have been better and I'd appreciate an ID - and the second is marginal but I think / hope has a salvaging cuteness factor.

Thanks,

Eric

ID please

78274538.original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Slothful mother and son

View attachment 93914

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    A bird like yours was posted here a week or two back but I can't remember what the name was. :redface: A very fine image though!

3. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Nice images. Is there anything the 300 can't image in the hands of a competent photographer. I love the isolation on the bird and the baby sloth.

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Fantastic DOF composition of both images.

5. I think the bird is a Victoria crowned pigeon - it's a really nice capture, too. I really agree that a zoo is very good place to practise your technique, plenty of subjects - but some of them very hard to shoot well.

Alan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.