2 more Hi-1 examples (esp for Retief :)

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Steve S, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Again No NR used, either in-cam, NC4, or PS. The light was a little better for these, although still totally cloudy & overcast.
    original.
    Date/Time 14-Aug-2005 11:39:42
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 700 mm
    Exposure Time 1/750 sec
    Aperture f/8
    ISO Equivalent
    Exposure Bias +1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode center weighted (2)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority
    How bout a black dog at Hi-!? :wink:
    original.
    Date/Time 14-Aug-2005 11:41:30
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 700 mm
    Exposure Time 1/400 sec
    Aperture f/8
    ISO Equivalent
    Exposure Bias +1
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode center weighted (2)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I love that crispy look of high iso. It looks almost hand drawn. Nice pooch Steve. Are we gonna see more of him now that he's not on your avatar?

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nope only hot babes from now on ;c)

I posted this of Peirre's new doo, guess you missed this thread?
    https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=8551

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Crispy - Shmispy, I just like that they look decent :wink: , and that I am not the only one who thinks so.

I don't know if either of you folks have tried Hi-2 yet, but I sure did see a difference with those, which is not surprising at all. The one thing that I wish Nikon would do would be to enable the Auto-ISO function to work above 800. One thing that works quite well for me on the D2H is to let the camera choose incremental ISO's rather than just jumping from 800 all the way to 1600.

Thankns,

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Nice images Steve. I like the one of your little guy.

8. Steve

Nice job on the HI feature. I used the X in 3200 and used a NR program and it looked really nice.

9. Re: Steve

Now THIS is REALLY encouraging. I have not tried to process any of my ISO 3200 test shots yet, but now I will. Have you become part of some sort of a bizarre conspiracy, probably started by Paul :wink: , to convince me that the D2X is a logical thing for me to do regardless of the "doom and gloom" :lol: .

Was the 3200 shot you did in an indoor situation, or outdoors at night? Any more specifics would be helpful to me.

Thanks,

10. Bill...fortunatly I am not conspiring with Paul...lol...You will enjoy the nice pics you can take at 3200 and process them...The one I took was during the daylight outside. I haven't tried indoors or any nightshots so I can only vouch for daylight.

11. Right, like you would ever ADMIT to being a part of the conspiracy, oh sure. See, I KNOW how to be properly paranoid, and this is obviously a huge right-wing-wacko-left-wing-commie-pinko conspiracy that Paul has gotten you all into with nothing more than the intent of making my wallet that much lighter. Now I'll go put on my tin-foil hat to keep the aliens out of my brain as well :wink:

I think I'll have to bug Jim for an "evening shoot" where can do a few of these with even lower light. And, of course, the "upcoming D200" could throw a wrinkle or 20 into this whole mess as well.......

Thanks,