2 Room Schoolhouse from mid 1800s

This 2 room schoolhouse sits at the end of my road, and the road is even named after it. I'm a little sad, as they are moving it to a nearby park to restore. I am happy about the restoration but this schoolhouse is a huge part of my life, seeing it everyday for the past 20 years when I leave or come home. If only they could restore it where it stands.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 223654

That is really cool. The first might be even better if cropped down closer to the treetop.

Stacey,
Very cool images. The PP on them is great.

Don't feel too bad about them moving it, because you still have it. We had one similar near where I grew up, a single room school house, and the farmer who bought the property burned it down. The land it used to sit on is now a mobile home park. (And they called it progress.....)

nice pictures and post-processing
i can see how you'd feel that LOSS as the bulding is moved
but.... at least someone, in THIS economy, is willing to spend the money to fix it up

Great pics,

While we were taking a small trip to the upper lower part of Mich., we saw this refurbished school house with the out-house behind the school. Probably not as old as your school house, more like early 1900's

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 223657

Thanks, guys!

Martin, as far as PP - I just added a new layer on top of the image, pasted a texture, changed the properties of the texture to 'darken' and changed the opacity to about 90% :)

That red schoolhouse is beautiful! :) I love it. I am glad they are restoring it, just wish they could leave it where it is and do it! hehe.

Stacy....... very well done!!! I like the pp that you performed..........I would definitely be playing hooky if I was attending that school :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom