1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2 Room Schoolhouse from mid 1800s

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by staceylynn, Jul 19, 2008.

1. This 2 room schoolhouse sits at the end of my road, and the road is even named after it. I'm a little sad, as they are moving it to a nearby park to restore. I am happy about the restoration but this schoolhouse is a huge part of my life, seeing it everyday for the past 20 years when I leave or come home. If only they could restore it where it stands.

2681690698_fa394ff20c_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 223654

2. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    That is really cool. The first might be even better if cropped down closer to the treetop.

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Stacey,
    Very cool images. The PP on them is great.

Don't feel too bad about them moving it, because you still have it. We had one similar near where I grew up, a single room school house, and the farmer who bought the property burned it down. The land it used to sit on is now a mobile home park. (And they called it progress.....)

4. I like 'em both, Stacey! The 2nd looks like a chalk sketch... very nicely done.

5. nice pictures and post-processing
    i can see how you'd feel that LOSS as the bulding is moved
    but.... at least someone, in THIS economy, is willing to spend the money to fix it up

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great shots! I love the "finish". How did you acheive this?

7. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Great pics,

While we were taking a small trip to the upper lower part of Mich., we saw this refurbished school house with the out-house behind the school. Probably not as old as your school house, more like early 1900's

Image113-1.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 223657

8. Thanks, guys!

Martin, as far as PP - I just added a new layer on top of the image, pasted a texture, changed the properties of the texture to 'darken' and changed the opacity to about 90% :) 

That red schoolhouse is beautiful! :)  I love it. I am glad they are restoring it, just wish they could leave it where it is and do it! hehe.

9. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Stacy....... very well done!!! I like the pp that you performed..........I would definitely be playing hooky if I was attending that school :) 

10. Interesting shots Stacey...love them!

11. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    wow...i really love these pictures

12. Very nice Stacey. I also prefer a tighter crop on the top of photo #1.

13. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Wonderful Renditions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.