20-180mm f/2.8 Nikkor Zoom

No, it's not a new lens. It's actually two old lenses, and a pair of old feet to zoom with.

Nancy and I spent yesterday afternoon in Santa Cruz, and I just brought those 2 old prime lenses.

It was a beautious day, and the 20mm was perfect for an environmental portrait and a scape.

78553619.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 94927

But the 180mm can take scapes, too.

View attachment 94928

... and it's better for shooting surfboarders without getting wet.

View attachment 94929

View attachment 94930

Pretty good for pelicans and piers, too.

View attachment 94931

View attachment 94932

Here's a better shot of that fuzzy gull.

View attachment 94933

I bought them both of these lenses used, and my 20/2.8 + 180/2.8 combo cost me considerably less than folks are paying for a slow 18-200VR. They don't weigh much more than the superzoom, either and I get some exercise foot-zooming them ;-).

It was a nice day at the beach.

View attachment 94934

Darnit Frank, you got me all hot and bothered for a minute there. Don't do that...especially when some are expecting the next round of lens announcements from Nikon! :smile:

Darnit Frank, you got me all hot and bothered for a minute there. Don't do that...especially when some are expecting the next round of lens announcements from Nikon! :smile:

Sorry, Dave, but you can get an EX rated 20-180/2.8 from KEH right now for $774, and it only weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces :wink:.

G

Gr8Tr1x

...especially when some are expecting the next round of lens announcements from Nikon! :smile:

Shouldn't be but a few more hours...and we'll know if we've been duped again by the rumor mill. Surely Thom Hogan won't be wrong....

Last edited by a moderator:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Hey Frank,

I just used a simlar zoom for some concerts this week, a 50 1.4 to 180 2.8 zoom, very similar to your zoom but designed for indoor low light work and portraits too.

sometimes primes are just so much fun and light and easy to carry.

Wade

Latest threads

Top Bottom