1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

20/2.8D and Free Weights

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Uncle Frank, Jul 24, 2005.

1. 46608248.

My other obsession is pushing chunks of metal into the air. It's a great stress reliever, and surprisingly social. Many of the denizens of the weight room are youngsters, and playing there has earned me a number of friends who are young enough to be my grandkids, which helps me keep in touch with the modern world.

One of my favorite lifters is young Mike. I met him 3 years ago, when he was a scrawny 14 year old, and have watched him grow into a fine, powerful young man, who now benches 355 lbs. He's been a trainer for the last year, but will resign next week to head off to college. I brought my 20mm lens to the gym on Saturday, and tried to make a special picture for him.

I posed him hoisting a pair of 100 lb. dumbbells on the flat bench, and stood on a bench so I could shoot down, and distort the size of the weights. I flipped the image vertically, converted it to b&w to get this result.

View attachment 12572

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very creative capture, Frank. It offers a unique perspective not often seen. The B/W conversion was a nice way to prepare that image.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That's a great effect, he's got himself quite a memento with that photo!

Just looking at photos of that much excercise makes me start sweating.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.