200-400 bag modification.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Richard Peters, Aug 19, 2008.

1. EDIT:

Since the original post below I have now finished my article for anyone who is interested.

To see the modifications to my 200-400 bag to make it more comfortable to use click here.

Original post:

Hi all, slightly different request here...

Does anyone have, or could take, some pictures of the standard 200-400 Nikon bag? Showing specifically the single strap at the back, the handle on the top and finally the logo on the front.

I'm writing an article for my blog about how I had the bag modified to be more usable for carrying all that weight but I realised I don't have any pictures of the bag when it was in standard form!!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  2. The front on shot is perfect! Do you have any others that show the back or top?

If its ok to use them I'll credit them with a link to your site :smile:

3. lol damn, beaten to it! :D 

Would it be possible to take a pic of the rear and the top as I need shots of all 3 sections ideally.

Not to worry if you don't have the time, maybe someone else here has shots of that?

Thanks again :) 

4. Rear and top coming up before the day is over...

5. You sir, are a gent! :biggrin:

6. Perfect!! Thank you so much for doing that. Once I get the article published I'll link to your site :) 

Wow I forget how different the bag looks in its standard form! lol

7. All done, cheers :) 

8. What a great article Richard! I bet quite a few will do this mod and make their bag truly useful!

9. Thanks Brian, it was made all the more useful with your very nicely taken original bag photos!

I hope it gives some food for thought for other 200-400 owners out there :) 

10. Hi Richard,

Nice article, and nice idea to modify the bag. However, I read it twice and didn't see any information about how you attached the straps, and what sort of straps you used. If you could add that then I would I appreciate it.....

11. Ah, I did forget that didn't I!! I'll make sure I add it on. Just for quick reference now, the shoulder straps were custom made using the ones off the lowepro 600aw bag as a guide. They were stitched at the top and at the bottom they have a heavy duty nylon strap that is threaded through the black plastic 'hook's that you have at the side of the bag and then that is stitched to itself once its looped through.

Info now added. Its amazing what you don't even think to include so thanks for asking that as its a good question!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.