200 f/2 w TC-17E...A Crime?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by MikeMcA², Sep 29, 2008.

1. lol...RichNY and I went to the Bronx Zoo today. I can't afford a 200/2, 400/2.8 AND a new 300/2.8, so the TC-17E/200f/2 combo has to work for my hand-held zoo lens. :biggrin:

383186208_DNiVV-L.

383203720_JwknF-L.

383190077_gT49Q-L.

383186752_et67H-L.

383187317_jk5iy-L.

383188012_brEpQ-L.

383188642_QAjsV-L.

383189182_Jg3mw-L.

2. Bingo! Nice:biggrin:

3. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    The first term that came to my head was "blistering sharp". The color is amazing and looks like it did awesome in some different lighting situations. I wouldnt accuse you of any heresy.

4. If you are not going to provide EXIF, please at least tell us what camera you used.

Thanks,

5. Craig, I didn't design SmugMug. Sorry they don't link the EXIF through. It's available on the images on my website if you need it. So sorry to offend you.

The camera is the D3.

6. Not offended, just curious.

These pictures are going to cost me a fortune !!! Very well done.

7. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks! This whole Lens Lust page has cost me money lol.

Can't wait for Rich to log on and rip me for not posting the Gorilla nipple shot :biggrin:

8. yeah, it works very well for you. Nice snaps

9. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Well here are two Gorilla nipple shots that I took. I expect the moderators will take these down especially since the second one shows a female gorilla pleasuring herself playing with her nipples.

The only way I envision them being allowed to stay is if the powers that be don't believe in Science and evolution and believe in Creationism (and the fact that humans and dinosaurs co-existed) and view these mammals different than that which evolved into human breasts. (Or they have a good sense of humor-lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Great stuff Mike!!!!

That 200mm f/2 makes a nice walkaround lens, huh? :wink:

11. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Um...this combo works. Just fine.

(fortunately, I'm tapped out)

12. lol...aren't we all. Hey Mike, I know a guy who knows you from a car forum. Just drove down to Brigantine in the fog with him this last Saturday. His name is Michael also, a Canon-shooting Georgian. The Internet makes for a very small world.

And Rich...my monkey nipple is sharper than your monkey nipple. :biggrin:

383189245_CPhh6-L.

13. Yeah, at least with the lens strap it's man-portable. :biggrin:

14. HaHa

I've never been on a dedicated monkey nipple shoot but I'll add that to my must do list. Taunting us with images this sharp could be considered quasi criminal. Personally I just forgot about the kids education and those braces...well they're over rated anyways. With a 200 f2.0 and lightroom I can always straighten or clone out the kids teeth......Just wondering if you felt restricted with the 200 + 1.7 fixed focal length????????I love my zooms and was wondering about the prime teles........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

15. Ted, please don't make me feel responsible for your children's future snaggle-toothedness. I'd potentially feel some guilt or bad conscience, and having a conscience is something I've tried to avoid for these last many years lol.

To be honest, I would love to have an 80-400 VR, or even a 200-400 VR for this type stuff (and also for the work I sell). But being in temporary "career transition" I have to make due with primes. The ridiculous part is that I take along a whole (did I mention heavy) backpack of other lenses and TCs, but only changed once (to the Sigma 150 macro) when we visited the Reptile house and the Butterfly Garden. At least lugging the 30 lbs backpack all over the park on Rich's Non-human Hooter Hunt was good exercise. :biggrin:

16. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    That there is funny, no matter!!

hhhmm...Mike from up north.. could be one of a few, but yes, I am pretty well known in the Audi, BMW & Porsche on-line community. I make custom radar detector setups..the revenue feeds my NAS.

17. Yeah, I don't want to post his last name here. Used to have an S4, now a BMW 750. Russian/Georgian. Fun guy.

18. Ha Ha

Tried that conscience thing back in the 70's .....didn't work...Obviously the 200 is more versatile than I first thought...you can zoom with your feet but that seems like a lot of effort......I did a 50/1.8 shoot one day and really missed my zooms. Still with images that sharp I think the 200 f2 justifys it's price. I just checked my empties and @ 10 cents per can it's gonna be a while....:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

19. RichNY

RichNY Guest

That's probably because I was going for a classy artistic look with a little Gaussian while you were clearly going for that raw Larry Flynt look :wink: I'm more a fan of Larry's work protecting the First Amendment but who am I to criticize what you are into.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.