2002 RSX: Downtown Houston

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by p27rpy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. p27rpy

p27rpy

Nov 1, 2010
    Texas
    Went out last night to practice a little more light painting. I found a garage with a great view of the Houston skyline and set everything up. There were a few overhead lights that I thought wouldn't be a problem, but they turned out to limit me a lot on the light painting aspect. I thought the shot wasn't going to turn out, so I packed it in without finishing painting the car and headed home.

I messed around with the composites for a bit though and came up with a result that I think looks pretty good. I wish I'd been able to paint the whole car, but I'm happy with how this one turned out. Dark? Yes, a little, but I really like the dark effect in this pic. I'm putting the before and afters along with some more info on my blog soon, if yall want to check it out.

CC always welcome. Thanks guys!

1231913043_HLXSr-X2.

2. aesop

aesop

Oct 2, 2008
    CANADA
    looks great; did you shoot raw? you might be able to bring back some of the sections that you missed in PP.

Owner of a NBP 03 here ;)

3. p27rpy

p27rpy

Nov 1, 2010
    Texas
    I did not, unfortunately...Really wish I had. Next time!

4. This is a really nice shot Theo. Its a little bit dark, but i like the look of it. It almost seems like a screen capture from a commercial.

5. p27rpy

p27rpy

Nov 1, 2010
    Texas
    i agree. i definitely wanted a cinematic effect to the shot. i had this commercial in mind while i was editing. i wanted it to share a similar theme.

6. crashton

crashton

Apr 11, 2010
    Ohio USA
    Nice shot!

7. ourabmen

ourabmen

Feb 28, 2009
    OK, USA
    That is sweet. Love the contrast and shadow detail in the picture. To a neophyte, it looks like it belongs in a advert.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.