2002 RSX: Downtown Houston

Went out last night to practice a little more light painting. I found a garage with a great view of the Houston skyline and set everything up. There were a few overhead lights that I thought wouldn't be a problem, but they turned out to limit me a lot on the light painting aspect. I thought the shot wasn't going to turn out, so I packed it in without finishing painting the car and headed home.

I messed around with the composites for a bit though and came up with a result that I think looks pretty good. I wish I'd been able to paint the whole car, but I'm happy with how this one turned out. Dark? Yes, a little, but I really like the dark effect in this pic. I'm putting the before and afters along with some more info on my blog soon, if yall want to check it out.

CC always welcome. Thanks guys!

1231913043_HLXSr-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

looks great; did you shoot raw? you might be able to bring back some of the sections that you missed in PP.

Owner of a NBP 03 here ;)

i agree. i definitely wanted a cinematic effect to the shot. i had this commercial in mind while i was editing. i wanted it to share a similar theme.

That is sweet. Love the contrast and shadow detail in the picture. To a neophyte, it looks like it belongs in a advert.

Latest threads

Top Bottom