1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2005 Scion

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by egliedman, Aug 18, 2009.

1. My first try with off-camera lighting. Used to flashes front left and front right of car...they are a little dark....let me know what you all think.

3821105564_7b49941501_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3820300127_52a9cdf632_b.jpg

3821105420_c33569ea4d_b.jpg

3821102174_4bc496f64e_b.jpg

3821100858_6ec0e02598_o.jpg

2. kichu

kichu

Oct 25, 2008
    Europe
    nice try... on a technical side i would try to soften the light that give you big white reflection on the car... because of that parts of the car burned out to white...

welcome to the strobist world :)  you will definately enjoy it!

3. Thanks...good point, i didn't really notice that .....

4. e2blade

e2blade

Jul 24, 2008
    Peoria, AZ
    to much contrast, and set the flash stronger

5. Wow great set . I love number two. i think it would be nicer though if the car was a bit more lit up

6. I totally agree Charlie, I only have to flashes at the moment. Used them to light up the front end. I could have used one near the rear side to light up the visible side, then another behind to provide some rim light and maybe even one inside. Need to save up first.

7. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    What tripods are those for the flashes?

8. used the lumopro 8ft stands off of mpex.com

9. Very true. I only have 2 flashes too haha. I need some more, then maybe ill try some more car shooting. Ive shot with my two by putting one inside and one outside to light up both, both shooting from underneath outward. Theres a lot you can do, and its a lot easier with more flashes haha.

10. Looks cool, but I'd highly recommend a car wash/wax/polish.

11. Jon D.

Jon D.

Nov 14, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey I drive one of these. :biggrin:

12. i agree on the car wash...after I saw the photos on my computer i realized it needed a good wash and wax.

13. cbizz

cbizz

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    ^ good tip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.