2006 Countdown @ Marina Esplanade

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by espn, Jan 1, 2006.

1. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    Went out at 1pm yesteday to meet a bunch of friends to shoot the countdown fireworks, reached the bridge at 7.30pm and stood there in anxious anticipiation till 11.59pm when the fireworks started.

Took me 2 hours+ to get home by bus though. :8Ball:

Some shots

Marina Esplanade
    [​IMG]

Esplanade Bridge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots... I would say it was worth the wait.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images.
    Well done.

4. Thanks for waiting the images are beautiful.

5. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    Hi guys, thanks for the comment, it'd have definitely been worth the wait, else I would have banged my head against the railing ;)

6. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    The last three of the fireworks are spectacular. My favorite is the second fireworks picture where they form a horizontal line. What kind of exposures did you use?

Thanks.

7. troy

troy Guest

Funny. "My favorite is the second fireworks picture where they form a horizontal line."

Thanks, SfoxJohn

8. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    Hi John, fireworks and Esplanade shots were done using Bulb exposure via a cable release. Glad you like them, at least my 5 hours of standing hasn't gone to waste. :biggrin:

9. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Your five hours of standing was a great investment for us - thanks for sharing. It looks as though it was a real spectacle. What are the little blue thingies in the water?

10. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    They were just white floats, the lights nearby helped to illuminate and reflect the lighting to create mood/effects. :)