2007 Perseid meteor shower

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BostonRott, May 7, 2007.

1. So.....let's plan for August 13th: who is going to try to photograph a few good meteors?? :biggrin:

Last year, we were up in Canada at Mt Tremblant. Figuring that we were atop the mountain (they ran the gondola for us) and away from city lights, we expected a great show. Apparently the full moon of '06 drowned out most of the Perseids (so says NASA's website).

Well guess what? 2007 is going to have a new moon!! YAY!!! No dang moon ruining our viewing! :biggrin: :tongue:

We'll be up at Mt Tremblant again, and I'm hoping this year to get some good photos!

So, who else is interested in trying to photograph the meteors??

2. I have to be in MN photographing a wedding during those days, so I may skip the Perseids since I'll be at a lower elevation and a more humid environment. Good to hear that the moon phase will be in our favor!

Sean

3. No kidding!! I was sooo disappointed last year. Was the first year I even tried to view the shower, never mind photograph it. The worst part? It hit unexpected lows up there, (i.e. in the 30's) and all we had were hot summer clothes. It was QUITE chilly up on that Mountain top! :eek: