2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hey, some shots from the two first round games here at Ford Field on Tuesday night. Go figure, Tuesday night games, not great timing but they still got 28,000 fans in the place.

1 - TIMMY HOWARD!! This cheer got going a few times after he snapped off a couple of great saves.
    FB-L.

2 - We're #1!
    FB-L.

3 - Landon Donovan
    FB-L.

4 - Oguchi Onyewu
    FB-L.

5 - This one sailed right over Hirschfeld's head and wide of the post
    FB-L.

6 - Following Jozy Altidore's goal, celebration broke out! Sorry, I was blocked on his goal by a Canadian defender, ugh.
    FB-L.

7 - The l-o-n-g view at a nice save by Hirschfeld on a header attempt by Altidore.
    FB-L.

8 - Nice footwork to go in on an open net.
    FB-L.

9 - What did I do, are you kidding???!!!
    FB-L.

10 - Missed it by "that much"... his head that is!
    FB-L.

2. nice work Steve, liking #10

3. Some nice shots steve!! Looks a little underexposed on my monitor tho!!

4. Very nice Steve I am liking #5 the best

5. Great Shots, Steve.

One nit - That's not Onyewu in #4. (He didn't play in the game). I forget the kid's name but he's the US's new 18 year-old striker.

6. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    Juan Agudelo

Very nice set Steve, I really liked 6, maybe its the flag in the background.

7. Ding, ding, ding! You are correct!

Edit: I just noticed that the answer is in Image #6. So did you know the answer or did you cheat? :biggrin:

8. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    When I looked at #4 I knew it was not Onyewu as you pointed out, I then saw the last name in 5 and 6. (I shoot some Lacrosse and have to look everywhere to see the numbers and get names etc.) I had to look him up to get his first name. Learned he actually plays for the New York Red Bulls.

9. Great stuff. I love the Donovan one!

10. Bert you're right, that's Juan Agudelo! Thankfully the code replacements for Photo Mechanic covered me for my uploads, I'll correct that error here right now. Thanks for the catch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.