2011 NJ State Trap Shooting Competition

State Trap shoot last weekend. Entered for the 1st time (hit more than 50%:biggrin:) & took my camera along for the ride. 1st time shooting (camera & gun) a shotgun competition.

Most of the photos - D3 with a 70-200VR2 - alone, or with a 1.4 or a 2.0 TC.

C&C welcome

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

my favourite

Rest of the photo's here

http://terribletwins.zenfolio.com/p6598539

Any advice for improvements & or what could be considered essential gear / poses / positions welcome - this shoot took place at my local club & I have a feeling, I could be shooting more events in the future

some nice work, would like to shoot that one day...like the wadding in your favorite.

I didn't check the rest out, do you have any of the clays themselves getting shattered?
Only from Long range - Even with the 2TC, the 200 mm couldn't make the clay large enough in the frame on its own

#5 is awesome catching the bullet in flight. You shot at 1/4000 and you could still see the movement of the bullet. It was traveling real fast.

the smashed clays are great! they really show whats going on as compared to the pics of the other people shooting. well timed!

Nice series. Kind of interesting to see two expensive hobbies (photography and shotguns) mixed. I used to shoot a quite a bit of skeet and the occasional trap range or mixed clays myself.

Thanks..My financial controller really wishes I hadn't found trap shooting as well as the photography:biggrin:

Fred
#5 is awesome catching the bullet in flight. You shot at 1/4000 and you could still see the movement of the bullet. It was traveling real fast.
Next time I am going to try even faster...see if I can actually get the lead shot

the smashed clays are great! they really show whats going on as compared to the pics of the other people shooting. well timed!
Thanks

Great "shooting"...:)

Perazzis and Nikon pro glass kinda go together.
& Krieghoffs!!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom