2013 Boston Marathon, A Day To Remember

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thoughts & Prayers To Victims,Families & All Who Helped On This Tragic Day.

It will not be a day to forget... Very moving images of a sad day that didn't need to happen...
Excellent shots Steve...

Just a small question, what lens were you using as the EXIF data shows that you were using a D4 / 85mm with some apertures as wide as f/0.3..???.
I'm guessing maybe a Leica lens..

The usual "pro" work!
It´s amazing how you manage to capture the deepest spirit of each scene!! Also, the way you manage to focus in the most important aspects of a scene, avoiding the distracting-only details, is the "trade-mark" of a great photographer!!!
REALLY WELL DONE!

A side note - thanks for bringing us the sad reality of that moment. It´s a shame that these animals keep being able to do these things! Shame on them. God bless all the victims and their relatives!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amazing and moving set of images...

Glenn
Thank You Glenn.
Wonderful Steve...
Thanks Chris.
It will not be a day to forget... Very moving images of a sad day that didn't need to happen...
Excellent shots Steve...

Just a small question, what lens were you using as the EXIF data shows that you were using a D4 / 85mm with some apertures as wide as f/0.3..???.
I'm guessing maybe a Leica lens..
Thanks Wally. First 6 images were D4 & 85G 1.4, second set of 6 were D4 & Zeiss ZF.2 135mm Sonnar F2. Not sure where the incorrect Aperture came from? Thanks again Mate.
Wonderful work, well done...! :cool:
Appreciateit William.
The usual "pro" work!
It´s amazing how you manage to capture the deepest spirit of each scene!! Also, the way you manage to focus in the most important aspects of a scene, avoiding the distracting-only details, is the "trade-mark" of a great photographer!!!
REALLY WELL DONE!

A side note - thanks for bringing us the sad reality of that moment. It´s a shame that these animals keep being able to do these things! Shame on them. God bless all the victims and their relatives!
Rui, heartfelt thanks. I was at Ground Zero with my wife & daughter 1 hour before the first bomb went off! Needless to say, i have a New Perspective & Respect for Life,Friend's & Family! Thank You So Much My Friend!

Very powerful, Steve. Thanks for posting them.

I covered the Gallipoli Run, here in Perth, Western Australia on the 21st of April. Probably as far from Boston as it's possible to be. Some of you might like to know that people here were thinking of everyone involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree, pro work indeed, simply superb, Steve. #6 of the girl wrapped in a blanket and the
approaching ambulance, WOW! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Boston in these sad sad times.
Very powerful, Steve. Thanks for posting them.

I covered the Gallipoli Run, here in Perth, Western Australia on the 21st of April. Probably as far from Boston as it's possible to be. Some of you might like to know that people here were thinking of everyone involved.

http://www.sventek.com.au/img/s8/v77/p1562138456-6.jpg
An exceptional series, Steve!
Each of these image is a masterpiece and they all convey the painful feeling.
Awesome work!
Beautiful and very moving work Steve.
I Greatly Appreciate Everyone's comments & responses! Truly grateful for this community of fine photographer's & Friend's!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom