2014 Week 50, Day 6: Saturday 13 Dec

There was a Christmas celebration for kids at the gym tonight. The staff was totally into it.

PC120346%20mr-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PC120348%20mr-XL.jpg

Funny shot

large.jpg

50/1.8 AiS + D700
1/20 @ f/22 ISO 200

i can tell what it is now:D

From a back lane in downtown Winnipeg. Much of this area hasn't succumbed to modern re-development.

Larry
_FFB1007.jpg

_FFB1015.jpg

_FFB1014.jpg

excellent series

Merry Christmas! (I know Frank already did one like this on the first day, but I've always enjoyed these coloured dots photos - and wanted to see what the bokeh of my lens looked like...)

15394253974_1fdb3ccefe_b.jpg
DSC_6174 by Flickr.Morph, on Flickr

a bokeh tree

Running behind again ...

I think it was worth it though. Here are my Saturday pictures:

A very peculiar cold front moved through town this afternoon. The storm itself was less than a quarter mile wide, but stretched from horison to horizon in length:
coldfront.jpg

Freshly scrubbed, the night sky was quite clear:
pleades.jpg

Just in time for the Geminid meteor shower. You can see a Geminid trail near the bottom, just to the left of center:
orion.jpg

All images taken with D700, #1 ISO=400, #2 & 3, ISO = 5000 to keep the exposure time low enough not to visibly smear the stars.

Spectacular cloudscape

Real Name
Morten
Running behind again ...

A very peculiar cold front moved through town this afternoon. The storm itself was less than a quarter mile wide, but stretched from horison to horizon in length:
coldfront.jpg

pleades.jpg

Just in time for the Geminid meteor shower. You can see a Geminid trail near the bottom, just to the left of center:
orion.jpg

All images taken with D700, #1 ISO=400, #2 & 3, ISO = 5000 to keep the exposure time low enough not to visibly smear the stars.

Spectacular sky in the background on the first one!
The night sky is beautiful as well - like that you included the branches on the last one

Saturday at Arendonk, Belgium

2014_week50_#14

15830737190_26dc71b4e0_b.jpg

2014_week50_#15

16016027551_483b4215b6_b.jpg

2014_week50_#16

15832245497_8e0afa8332_b.jpg

2014_week50_#17

15395734434_dcecd5a943_b.jpg

a bit on the tardy side was away all day till late

Great set Fons - cool colors on that first one
btw the weather looks just as dull as here - wet and cold :-/

Running behind again ...

coldfront.jpg

pleades.jpg

orion.jpg

A shockingly unambiguous set of images, Chris... so literal that I can understand them. The storm may be a fragment of the low pressure system that caused deluges in the Bay area earlier in the week. And I envy you the stars. I'm sorry to say that between light polution and ghastly air, it's a sight not seen here.

2014_week50_#14

2014_week50_#15

2014_week50_#16

2014_week50_#17

#16 is my favorite, but it needed a cow in the muddy field to complete it.

As I was getting ready to respond to the posts, I saw David's image. Went and checked - yep. Seems pbase had some data center issue, and about 10% of their users couldn't access the site. I'll get days 6 and 7 posted and then finish comments tonight and tomorrow.

Anywhos... last night I felt worse than today and thought I'd try to make hay of the situation.

View attachment 1340269

Real Name
Chris

Very nice pic of the kids Morten. This picture inspired me - I wanted to get one of Sam an Olivia together. But Sam is so ... you know, 16. (His birthday was this week, but would you know it ... nah.) I was only able to shoot Olivia, who is not 16 at all.

From a back lane in downtown Winnipeg. Much of this area hasn't succumbed to modern re-development.

Larry
_FFB1007.jpg

_FFB1015.jpg

_FFB1014.jpg

I really dig this 'urban ruin' kind of subject matter. I guess because it makes me feel at home. ;) Great shooting, I can't say which one I like best - they all rock!

2014_week50_#14

2014_week50_#15

2014_week50_#16

2014_week50_#17

I like the first one a lot Fons - it looks completely abstract, like a Kandinsky or Calder or something. I would love to see this irl, but I would fear that reality would pale compared to your photograph of it. It's wonderful.

As I was getting ready to respond to the posts, I saw David's image. Went and checked - yep. Seems pbase had some data center issue, and about 10% of their users couldn't access the site. I'll get days 6 and 7 posted and then finish comments tonight and tomorrow.

Anywhos... last night I felt worse than today and thought I'd try to make hay of the situation.

original.jpg

Dude. I know how you feel - this happened to me a few week-50s back. I remember doing a sequence of me sneezing and a picture of a box of Kleenex. Just remember, Nyquil is your friend! (well, not the acetaminophen, but the doxylamine and dextromethorphan are for sure.) Take care of yourself!

Real Name
Chris
A shockingly unambiguous set of images, Chris... so literal that I can understand them. The storm may be a fragment of the low pressure system that caused deluges in the Bay area earlier in the week. And I envy you the stars. I'm sorry to say that between light polution and ghastly air, it's a sight not seen here.

Heh. Phoenix is nothing but light pollution. I got my telescope in the early 90s, and it was barely passable then. It had worsened, but thanks to digital photography and it's editing tools, I can still tease out the pictures. It looks nothing like this though.

Spectacular sky in the background on the first one!
The night sky is beautiful as well - like that you included the branches on the last one

Thanks Morten. I shot about a hundred of these before catching a meteor in the frame. Last night was the peak of the Geminid meteor storm. By the way, meteor storm is a complete misnomer. It's more like a meteor drizzle.

Spectacular cloudscape

It WAS spectacular Fons. I had never seen anything like it before, and I've seen a lot of storms here. This one was so precise - 20 degrees warmer on the leading side, and nly a few blocks wide. I wish I had been able to capture the lightening, but I only saw a handful of bolts.

There was a Christmas celebration for kids at the gym tonight. The staff was totally into it.

Festive bunch! And I spy another camera. :snaphappy:

50/1.8 AiS + D700
1/20 @ f/22 ISO 200

Cool perspective on the birds - I like the contradiction between the still and the mobile.

architecture

Mighty tasty looking architecture. :hungry:

Another wonderful portrait of your kids.

Larry

Nice series - I like the ladder shot.

Merry Christmas! (I know Frank already did one like this on the first day, but I've always enjoyed these coloured dots photos - and wanted to see what the bokeh of my lens looked like...)

DSC_6174 by Flickr.Morph, on Flickr

Another bokeh tree. Nicely done.

Running behind again ...

I wonder if that front is going blow through here...

Nice sky images. (One of the things I wanted to try, but we have been plagued with overcast skies for the last 4 days or so - should have tried earlier.)

2014_week50_#14

2014_week50_#15

2014_week50_#16

2014_week50_#17

Fons - those first two shots are just too cool. :D

Real Name
Chris
I wonder if that front is going blow through here...

Nice sky images. (One of the things I wanted to try, but we have been plagued with overcast skies for the last 4 days or so - should have tried earlier.)

i heard they had quite a blow in Northern California. Don't know about Texas and points East. At this time, I'm guessing any activity will be from a new system.

And don't worry about the sky - it's always there. (But our ability to see it? ... I can only hope.)

Real Name
Morten

original.jpg

Hopefully you're better now Gordon - good idea with this shot ;)

original.jpg

Gordon may you feel well again

Latest threads

Top Bottom