2015 US Open - Reservations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman3, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Greetings!!

I am not a golfer ... but after we moved in and took over my folk's house recently, I was reminded that the 2015 US Open Golf Tournament will be held at the new Chambers Bay Golf Course.

[​IMG]

The course is of what I believe is called the "links" style and is built on the west side of Tacoma, very near the waters of Puget Sound. IF the weather cooperates the views will be nothing less than stunning. (My sundown shot above is looking more northerly; to the west across the Sound are the Olympic Mountains.)

Our new home is about a 5 min drive (or 20 minute walk) from the course. Since there are few (currently zero) hotels anywhere near, perhaps I should open a B&B for that week!! Reservations anyone? :smile:

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Shizelbs

Shizelbs

Jul 14, 2007
    Seattle
    I can't wait for it. I really want to play the course sometime soon. Its a little bit of a drive for me, but it looks like a gorgeous course.

3. From what I can see, it is gorgeous. Again, I'm not a golfer, but it looks mighty hard!! Summer green fees top out at $170 ... so it must be good, eh? I guess the 2010 US Amateur Championship will also be hosted here in addition to the 2015 US Open.

Cheers!!

Ken