2016 Season at Lake Blue Cypress

I have not been on here for awhile, so thought I would share a few from the new season here in Florida. Last weekend a friend invited me to join them on his pontoon boat on Lake Blue Cypress. For those who do not know the place, this time of year there are upwards of 200-300 nesting ospreys among the cypress trees out on the water, some at eye level from the boat. Here are a few from morning there. Both taken with the Nikon D810 and Nikon 500 f/4E, FL, ED, VR lens, handheld, iso 1600 for the shutter speed.

26274955415_869bb6dbaa_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Osprey- Lake Blue Cypress by Nancy Elwood, on Flickr

26002087600_96bea76244_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Osprey- Lake Blue Cypress by Nancy Elwood, on Flickr

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
No WAY!!!!! Hand held! WOW!!!!!!! I struggle with my 300/2.8 and guess the 500 FL is about a pound heavier. Don't you use a special support.....? I think I read about it several years ago. If not, sorry....might be an senior moment! LOL!

Stunning images!!!! Truly wonderful!

I will make my first visit there 4/28. Hubby and I have rented a boat/guide for the morning. Your images are inspiring!

No WAY!!!!! Hand held! WOW!!!!!!! I struggle with my 300/2.8 and guess the 500 FL is about a pound heavier. Don't you use a special support.....? I think I read about it several years ago. If not, sorry....might be an senior moment! LOL!

Stunning images!!!! Truly wonderful!

I will make my first visit there 4/28. Hubby and I have rented a boat/guide for the morning. Your images are inspiring!

Hi Karen :)! Thanks so much! I did have a support I wore with my older 500, but with this one, which is 2 pounds lighter, I find it much easier to handhold.

Any day with Osprey is a grand day indeed. Take some "blue sky with cloud" pictures, and blend them in. Nobody will know the difference other than you and I :LOL: Looking good, for sure!

Real Name
Randy
you are one strong person

we tried to go 2 weeks ago but the wind was too high

nice shots Nancy

Latest threads

Top Bottom