2016 Week 50 - Day 4 (Dec 14th)

Late to the party today ... but there is a reason. Scrapped what I planned to show in favor of some shots I took on the way home from running errands in late afternoon. Thought the juxtaposition of horses, snow, and late sun/shadows might make for some interesting composition. Horses were far away in a field far away. But the nice thing about horses, if you are patient they will come to you. So I covered a hundred yards to the fence, and they slowly made their hundred yards to me. And we had a shoot!

Day 4: Horses in Snowfield #1
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D600, 50mm f1.8mm Series E, 1/500s f/5.6 at 50.0mm iso100

Day 4: Horses in Snowfield #2
original.jpg

Glad I took the route home that I did. And glad that they tiny 50mm "E" fit into my holster case with room to spare.
I really like the shots Harry. The first is my favorite.

Day 4: Weekly trip to my favorite restaurant - Lakhorn Thai...

nifty-fifty-8303.jpg

(I accidentally posted this on day 3 - copied here)

Nice Paul. The colors just seem to be so inviting.

Real Name
Paul
Colorful and nicely shallow-focused shot, Paul. You and glassware have done very well these last two days. :)
Thanks!

Pleasing comp, love the colors. What was for lunch? :hungry:
Had the hot and sour soup, Siam rolls (like spring rolls), and Chicken Num Prik Pao (chicken, cashews, broccoli, and green beans with a red curry type sauce) - my favorite dish there. Had it "hot", on their spicy scale. I was in heaven.

Real Name
Paul
Left the house in the dark - came back when it was near dark.
So I had no big choice in shooting. Just a dirty car...

31611313576_071e00db70_h.jpg

Regards
Klaus
Ugh... that's one thing about driving in Winter...with the salt and dirt. Even worse, it's hard to get time and conditions to wash the car as well.

Late to the party today ... but there is a reason. Scrapped what I planned to show in favor of some shots I took on the way home from running errands in late afternoon. Thought the juxtaposition of horses, snow, and late sun/shadows might make for some interesting composition. Horses were far away in a field far away. But the nice thing about horses, if you are patient they will come to you. So I covered a hundred yards to the fence, and they slowly made their hundred yards to me. And we had a shoot!

Day 4: Horses in Snowfield #1
original.jpg

Day 4: Horses in Snowfield #2
original.jpg

Glad I took the route home that I did. And glad that they tiny 50mm "E" fit into my holster case with room to spare.
Nice shots. Like how you got the horses coming over for a hand out. Perfect lighting and angles.
Do you have any problems focusing with the series e lens? I too wear glasses and sometimes getting sharp images. (not relying on the focus spot)

Day 4: Weekly trip to my favorite restaurant - Lakhorn Thai...

nifty-fifty-8303.jpg

(I accidentally posted this on day 3 - copied here)
great DOF. Nice soft colors.

Bang! Bang! Gordo's silver hammer makes sure whatever is for dinner, is mighty tasty. :D

K-1, A50/1.4 @ f/5.6
original.jpg
What to say. Wonderful DOF. Looks like a great kitchen gadget to have.

Nice shots. Like how you got the horses coming over for a hand out. Perfect lighting and angles.
Do you have any problems focusing with the series e lens? I too wear glasses and sometimes getting sharp images. (not relying on the focus spot)

Glad you liked the shots, Bob. Yes focusing manually is difficult enough and I forgot to take my glasses off, which makes it doubly so. So these aren't as sharply focused and I would have liked....had to do a bit more in PP than normal. Normally I remember to take my glasses off, and since my long range vision is pretty sharp, I can usually get things to "snap" into focus. Not so easy with the glasses, as you point out.

Latest threads

Top Bottom