Critique 2017 52 week project-- week 52

Lovely colors Judith. I just wonder what is on the RHS of the scene, would it worth shooting a horizontal frame ?

the RHS was pretty standard and including more of it did not seem an improvement. The biggest reason for the presentation I chose was the blue pot on the lower right. I wanted/needed that bright color but not too much of it so that the purple remained the focus.

the RHS was pretty standard and including more of it did not seem an improvement. The biggest reason for the presentation I chose was the blue pot on the lower right. I wanted/needed that bright color but not too much of it so that the purple remained the focus.

I can see your point Judith. I just thought that it would be nice to have a horizontal frame if the rest of the scene was nice and colorful too. If the rest of the scene wasn't interesting , it is better to focus on those lovely colors of the vertical frame as you did (y)

Week 44- City of Rocks, Idaho
We have been traveling for the month of November so now is catch up time. City of Rocks is an amazing place. It is well known among technical rock climbers but not so much anyone else. We had hoped to stay and hike among the many rock formations (too old for technical climbing!) but it snowed the first night we were there so we mosied along. But first some photos!

24962115758_097f5bc5e8_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
City of Rocks, Idaho--November by urbanflyer, on Flickr

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
We have been traveling for the month of November so now is catch up time. City of Rocks is an amazing place. It is well known among technical rock climbers but not so much anyone else. We had hoped to stay and hike among the many rock formations (too old for technical climbing!) but it snowed the first night we were there so we mosied along. But first some photos!

View attachment 1591728 City of Rocks, Idaho--November by urbanflyer, on Flickr
Wow, Judith!
Those colors and the shape of the rock are impressive.
How I wish to be there.

Regards
Klaus

Week 45--Desert Sunset--KOFA--still catching up but staying true to the week number...

I had hoped to capture the gentleness of the evening desert. KOFA is BLM land near the Yuma Proving Grounds. While there we saw our first wild tarantula--fascinating animal!

38928323612_879654a0b6_c.jpg
Desert Sunset--KOFA by urbanflyer, on Flickr

View attachment 1591728 City of Rocks, Idaho--November by urbanflyer, on Flickr
Very nice image Judith, interesting rock formations.

What a big cactus in week 46. Mesquite Dunes look very nice and interesting, where does the bluish color in the BG come from, is it the real color ?

Week 49-52--Closing out my 52 weeks for 2017

Got home Dec 1 and got sick--so only got out for two photo adventures in December. In keeping with the spirit of the 52 week challenge I am posting four photos, two from week 50 and two from week 52.

Week 50 A (49): Holiday Cheer
25593364588_4c2c97f9b1_c.jpg
Holiday Cheer by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Week 50 B (50):Lines Reflected
25593368508_58d27885a5_c.jpg
Lines--reflected by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Week 52 A (51): Chair Stack
25593361838_d617f7092d_c.jpg
Chair stack by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Week 52 B (52): Escape from the City
25593352098_a0364f4923_c.jpg
Escape from the City by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Once again the 52 week challenge has helped me grow. Thanks to all who commented and offered critique. See you again soon in 2018

Latest threads

Top Bottom