2017 Week 50 Day 7 (17 Dec)

Well, it didn't look like we'd get good sky color for a sunset shot so I went to the park to try and grab some shots of the light displays. Should have went for the sunset, it actually turned out quite angry, and most of my park shots are seriously OOF or blurry. Only two salvageable, below.

View attachment 1592639

View attachment 1592640
Nothing wrong with those two, Gordon. I especially like the tree. Happy holidays!

An experiment to end this week 50 series on, hopefully a bit more interesting?
View attachment 1592602

D750 50/1.4 1/200 at f/2.8 ISO 2000 6 frames animated into a GIF - so it's a single image file, isn't it? :)
The colors are a tad pants due to the 256 color limitation, a shot like this really makes that limitation stand out.

Pawl - bravo! Plasma balls are very cool, nicely done gif of the plasma.

It is a shame that you can't smell this...

View attachment 1592604

I am going to visit a friend this afternoon and my wife was kind enough to bake a small Christmas cake to take as a gift. It smells absolutely fantastic and looks terrific as well. Luckily we still have a large bowl of fruit macerating - our cakes and puddings will be taking shape in the next few days.

I'd imagine the whole house smells like goodness. :) Wonderful capture of a tasty subject.

Day 7
There is no substitute for the magic of the morning golden hour. Here it transforms an ordinary pile of gifts into next year's Christmas Card.

View attachment 1592609
Nikon D600 ,Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AI-S Series E. 1/160s f/5.6 at 50.0mm iso320

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

Beautiful light Harry, it will make a nice card for you!

Warmth...
View attachment 1592610
With it only 10 degrees this morning, and 20 degrees near noon, I lost all will to go out and take photos today. Hanging out near the fireplace...

Nothing wrong with hangin' by the fire. Excellent photo.

With winter just a few days away and forecast temps below zero, it is time to consider winter pursuits, like restocking the fly boxes for spring.
View attachment 1592622

I have to agree with Paul - cool photo showing highly detailed work, making my eyes strain just looking at it.

This is the portrait and bronzed shoes of the little baby who eventually became my wife. The portrait and bronzing was probably done in 1954 when she was less than a year old. Her birthday was this week and we met 35 years ago on her birthday, which is also the day before mine, so this seemed like an ideal week to finally get around to making it happen.

As if it isn't difficult enough to photograph curved, shiny objects (probably the reason I never photographed this memorabilia before now), the one material I had for the background and tabletop that is an ideal color also has shiny, metal flecks in its finish.

D7000 and 35mm f/2

View attachment 1592637

Despite the reflective challenges, you did a great job with it - wonderful photo.

Real Name
Paul
This is the portrait and bronzed shoes of the little baby who eventually became my wife. The portrait and bronzing was probably done in 1954 when she was less than a year old. Her birthday was this week and we met 35 years ago on her birthday, which is also the day before mine, so this seemed like an ideal week to finally get around to making it happen.

As if it isn't difficult enough to photograph curved, shiny objects (probably the reason I never photographed this memorabilia before now), the one material I had for the background and tabletop that is an ideal color also has shiny, metal flecks in its finish.

D7000 and 35mm f/2

View attachment 1592637
Great shot! Happy birthday to you and your wife!

Real Name
Paul
Well, it didn't look like we'd get good sky color for a sunset shot so I went to the park to try and grab some shots of the light displays. Should have went for the sunset, it actually turned out quite angry, and most of my park shots are seriously OOF or blurry. Only two salvageable, below.

View attachment 1592639

View attachment 1592640
Not bad Gordon. Tough when you run out of daylight. You should get a dog or cat, so you have a fallback subject. That’s what I do. :) Oh wait, you do have a dog...Scooby to the rescue!

Pawl: Your experimental animated GIF is highly successful!

David: Your photo is so effective that I actually did smell the food.

Harry: There's nothing quite so satisfying as deciding upon a Christmas card a year ahead of time. My 2018 cards were printed a few months ago at about 40% off the regular price.

Paul: A very appealing close-up of your fireplace. Ain't gas nice?!

MichaelT: I had no idea the setups for dealing with fly fishing are so ornate.

Gordon: I sure do like the purple tones in the sky in your second photo.

Thanks guys - but it's the participants that make these work. Thanks to everyone who supported the Week 50 this year.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you for hosting Gordon.
Please apologize my missing on most of the days. The camera was all day on my side, but it is not allowed to take any picture inside the company I'm working at the moment.
I leave hotel when it's dark and return there when it's dark.

You all did a fantastic job
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom