1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique 2018 Octoberfest – Gordo – X-H1, 28/2.8, 50/3.5, 90/2.8 – 13 Oct

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by Gordo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Shooting this year with adapted m-mount - Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH, Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar, and Elmarit-M 90/2.8 on the X-H1. Participation level - player.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    This might end up as "a month in the life" of Scooby. Or just random stuff. Most likely snapshots, maybe some attempts at being creative.

Scooby's October started today with a trip to daycare. I take him here two or three times a week, allows him time to run around and be a dog with other dogs, and allows me time for doctor appointments, food shopping, etc...

X-H1, Voigtlander 50/3.5 Heliar at f/8.
    original.
    X-H1    ---    50mm    f/1.0    1/850s    ISO 200

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    The "A bed and biscuit kennel" made me laugh. Having the trees and mountains under the sign added more interest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Ha! Just learned a new word - "kennel"... :) 
    It seems to be a nice spot for dogs. Hopefully Scooby has fun there (y)(y)(y).

Kind regards
    Klaus

5. As long as "being a dog" doesn't involve chewing other dogs, this should all work out well.

Nice start Gordon - good to see that you are involved again!

6. Yes, great name and looks like a Nic e place for dogs.

7. Great name, good framing ... a winner, Gordo! Look forward to seeing Scooby again.

8. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Paul, Klaus - thanks! He enjoys the time there. Also where he gets boarded when I have to, and their groomer is some sort of dog whisperer - she's the only one who has been able to bath Scooby. I'm happy with the place.

Thanks David - they do a good job vetting the dogs, any that show aggression are not allowed in the yard with the other dogs, they have to be placed in individual runs.

Thank you Phil and Harry.

9. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Day 2. Scooby, tolerating me bothering him during nap time. Not framed the best, but I was against a door and couldn't get a better position. Other photos had less personality and my focus wasn't quite as good as this one. Available light, Acros film sim.

X-H1, 50/3.5 @ f/3.5
    original.
    X-H1    ---    50mm    f/1.0    1/13s    ISO 3200

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Tight crop, but it works well, and the expression, focus, and catch-light makes for a great photo!

11. Very expressive dog. And I like the composition...leads the eye right from the nose through the eye to the back of his neck.

12. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Thank you!

13. That look defines "unperturbed," Gordon! Nicely captured.

14. Hi Scooby. Nice capture and looks like he is deep in thoughts.

15. Where he can "be a dog" = at home, thinking, and relaxing... ;) 

The light spot in the eye turned the picture from a good one into a better one !

16. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Scooby is too cute and you've done a great job with photographing him!

17. Good to see you crazy young guys messing about with film simulations!

Nice work with Scooby - I guess that he is really a ham and is happy to pose even though he may have you bluffed Gordon.

18. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Day 3

Difficult to get distant scenes without foreground clutter - still looking for good vantage spots. Cropped to 2:1 to remove bottom of photo. Acros film sim.

Will be back in a while to view and comment on everyone's posts.

X-H1, 90/2.8 @f/11
    original.
    X-H1    ---    90mm    f/1.0    1/500s    ISO 200

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Thank you!

Thanks Roland - we're stuck in an apartment for now, so he only gets out while on a leash. He gets more exercise free-roaming a yard with other dogs his size, he's nice and trim, no excess weight. He has plenty of relaxin' time. :D 

Lyndee - thank you!

Crazy, yep. Young, well... not so much anymore. Fuji film sims are pretty decent. Scoob poses well when tired or he doesn't see me with the camera. :snaphappy:  Thanks David.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.