1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2018 Octoberfest – Minuteman3 – 6D2 50mm f1.4 – Day 13 [Oct 18]

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by Minuteman3, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Day 1

Although I am still pondering a real "theme", I'm leaning quite strongly towards "In the Weeds" - which I am thinking is an exploration of shooting a variety of subjects from a very low angle.

One of the things I like about the 6D2 is the articulating view screen which makes taking these kind of shots much easier. We'll see ...

These two are from my front yard today. Some flowers my wife just bought and a solitary leaf from one of my oak trees (soon to be joined by thousands of similar leaves - I have a dozen big oaks!!)

2018_10_02_0002_2_DxO.
    Canon EOS 6D Mark II    EF50mm f/1.4 USM    50mm    f/4.5    1/100s    ISO 200

2018_10_02_0003_2_DxO.
    Canon EOS 6D Mark II    EF50mm f/1.4 USM    50mm    f/5.6    1/160s    ISO 200

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Colorful - both photos. I like the lone leaf. One thing I don't think I'll seeing much off down here is fall color.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah, a Canonist - welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. The leaves are nice and warm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Nice set. The leaves are my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken, with a dozen oaks in the yard, you are a shoo-into be the winner of our "most October color" award (sorry just kidding). I look forward to seeing what you can do with that articulating screen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Very nice colours, looks like still in spring time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 2

Thanks all for the comments!!

Carrying on with a theme -- here's some down low shots from my wife's garden...

2018_10_03_0009-CPP.JPG

2018_10_03_0011-CPP.JPG

Cheers!!

Ken

• Like Like x 1
  9. Off to a good start, Ken. Great to have you involved and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey, I like gardening. Keep em coming, and / but 1 a day will suffice for is in here ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Nice perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    If you keep with the low theme, this looks to be quite an interesting month! Neat perspective of a garden.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Like others, I like the low theme.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Great idea and shots Ken.

BTW, please keep your thread title updated... :oops: 

Kind regards
    Klaus

• Like Like x 1
  15. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lovely images! And that greenery is so lush and full; I really like it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good enough to eat, Ken! On the second shot, I think the overall picture could be more effective if the focus were on the middle plant, rather than on the right-side leaves. It took me years to learn to pull such obstacles out of the way, but then again, I don't think I'd do it in the wife's garden!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Love the low green theme!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Day 3

May be a day or two before I have time to continue more than this ... our first steady rain in a long time reduces my enthusiasm to go outside to shoot!! ;) 

From my front doorstep ... my wife's projects for the next non-rainy days.

2018_10_05_0043 - Crop_DxO.
    Canon EOS 6D Mark II    EF50mm f/1.4 USM    50mm    f/1.8    1/200s    ISO 200

Cheers!!

Ken

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  19. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Nice colors for this time of year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. We want to see the result also. So, may it stop raining at your's. So your wife can plant them.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.