1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2018 Octoberfest Naptown Sailor D500 Sig 24/1.4 Day 14

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by NaptownSailor, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Day 1.

Day1-L.
    NIKON D500    24.0 mm f/1.4    24mm    f/1.8    1/1000s    ISO 100

• Like Like x 2
  2. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Very cool shot! Love the colors!

3. Has a nice "Octoberish" feel.

4. Thanks Jim, it's a backyard shot. I hardly use my 24/1.4 because I use the 14-24/2.8 when I go on vacation. But on s DX body it's like shooting a 35.

5. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    You've caught the October mood in very special way. (y)(y)(y)

Thank you for showing
    Klaus

6. Nice start Louis.

The idea of sunrises and sunsets seems to take on even more meaning now that our daylight hours have become somewhat more limited.

7. Cool, really cool. Very excited to see the master's work.

8. Beautiful shot, Jacques. The torch colors are a distillation of the background, adding to the separation effect .... separate but equal. Nice!

9. The chain along the left side does an incredible job separating the glass from the background!

10. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Agree with the others, colors fit the time of year.

11. Day2-L.
    NIKON D500    24.0 mm f/1.4    24mm    f/1.8    1/200s    ISO 200

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks guys. I have some work stuff and will miss a couple days but should catch up later in the week.

13. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Great composition and control of focus on the shot. Interesting flower.

14. This is more difficult to get than what it looks to be. I failed miserably with our outdoor lights I installed last week. So, you did well and got the mood right!
    They're posing :) 

15. Perfect macro of those lovely flowers, Jacques. I know I should be able to identify them, but once again my memory fails me (at my age, you don't count years, you count the frequency of memory lapses ... and I am aging rapidly.:) )

16. Calla lilies.

17. Beatiful flower and very good control of the focus. I like the colours too.

18. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Jacques, this is beautiful!

19. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

And another gorgeous image - well done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.