2018 Octoberfest - Phil K - Hasselblad X1D with 90mm f/3.2 - Day 31 Finale!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Nice pose. Is that Yoda's play area behind him? Looks quite large.
Thank you. Yes, his play area with the tubes and tunnels.

Delayed Plan A's are a test of character, Phil. You passed.

Lots of love being shown for that lens in the reviews I've read so far. I'll be interested in following you online after you've switched gears following Octoberfest.
I also read a lot of good reviews so am looking forward to use it afterwards.

She is such a strikingly beautiful cat, Phil, that I can see taking photos of her often, often, often! Beautiful cat, beautiful shot.
Thank you very much.

The cat struck a nice pose, and you got a very nice portrait, well composed.
Thank you very much.

A white cat is actually a challenge to light - you did well.
Thank you very much. Maybe it's due to my years of training in shooting white birds.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 12 - 'Laughing'

"Laughing' CP is the head barista of my favourite coffee shop and is also the 2018 Hong Kong Barista Champion. I go to there for coffee gathering almost every Friday and I asked him to pose for me. He was tired of posing brewing coffee for papers and magazines and he wanted to stress that he was also good in making pasta. So here we go.

Oct12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 12 - 'Laughing'

"Laughing' CP is the head barista of my favourite coffee shop and is also the 2018 Hong Kong Barista Champion. I go to there for coffee gathering almost every Friday and I asked him to pose for me. He was tired of posing brewing coffee for papers and magazines and he wanted to stress that he was also good in making pasta. So here we go.

View attachment 1623999

Nicely posed and photographed, Phil. Did you try the pasta?

D10 - Z7(frustration)

One thing I learned from last year was things often did not happen according to plan so I should always have a plan B. Today's rain washed away my plan and I came home frustrated. Frustration grew when I saw the Z7 sitting on the shelf. I only played with the settings and took some test shots to see if things were okay, but didn't take any serious shooting in order not to break the rule. Tomorrow my brother will borrow it so that it will be out of my sight for the time being.

View attachment 1623806

Nice. It's been interesting reading what people think of the new Z.

D11 - Yoda again

Today I was quite mentally exhausted after work. I initially planned to take a rest first and then went out to see what I could get in the neighbourhood. Then Yoda came and offered to pose for me.

View attachment 1623916

(y)

Day 12 - 'Laughing'

View attachment 1623999

Nicely done. So... how is the pasta? :hungry:

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 12 - 'Laughing'

View attachment 1623999
With that shy but confident smile, Phil, he is probably good at anything done in a kitchen. Great naturalness for a posed shot.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
With that shy but confident smile, Phil, he is probably good at anything done in a kitchen. Great naturalness for a posed shot.
Thank you very much. Yes, he is kind of shy but opens up a lot more recently with more media exposure.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 13 - Early morning delivery.

Inspired by Harry of course. It was 6am, most of the city were still sleeping but some guys were already busy working. This guy was delivering ingredients to restaurants.

Oct13.jpg

90mm f/4.8. 1/125s ISO25600

Inspired by Harry of course. It was 6am, most of the city were still sleeping but some guys were already busy working. This guy was delivering ingredients to restaurants.

View attachment 1624041
Imitation being the best kind of flattery and all that ... :p

Seriously I wish mine turned out to be such a good shot. This one is wonderful. Any idea of what the folks behind him are doing? Waiting for a bus would be my guess.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Nice view of a shopkeeper getting ready for the day. Whenever I go to Asia of course I am awake in the middle of the night. Wandered Tokyo at 3 AM with my camera.
I also like to wander in a big city in early morning when it's quiet and everything is going at a slower pace.

Imitation being the best kind of flattery and all that ... :p

Seriously I wish mine turned out to be such a good shot. This one is wonderful. Any idea of what the folks behind him are doing? Waiting for a bus would be my guess.
Thank you. Yes, they were waiting for a bus.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 14 - open-air restaurant

We used to have a lot of streetside open-air restaurants but now there are getting fewer and fewer, There is one in a neighbourhood alley and is quite popular. I don't believe you would dare to go there for dinner, but the food is really nice.

Oct14.jpg

View attachment 1624041

We used to have a lot of streetside open-air restaurants but now there are getting fewer and fewer, There is one in a neighbourhood alley and is quite popular. I don't believe you would dare to go there for dinner, but the food is really nice.

View attachment 1624136

Thanks for showing us what life is like in Hong Kong. Looks like an interesting place to visit, but I prefer living in our mountain enclave.

View attachment 1624136
This one does look a bit sketchy. On the other hand, we have a place simply called "Joe's" that looks like a not-very-classy bar that serves some of the best clam dishes in the area. One of the fun of neighborhoods seems to be the "hidden" treasures that are unknown or off-limits to all but the locals. Very nice shot, Phil. Really takes us there, and makes me wonder what the three guys in front might be talking about while filling their faces.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Thanks for showing us what life is like in Hong Kong. Looks like an interesting place to visit, but I prefer living in our mountain enclave.

This one does look a bit sketchy. On the other hand, we have a place simply called "Joe's" that looks like a not-very-classy bar that serves some of the best clam dishes in the area. One of the fun of neighborhoods seems to be the "hidden" treasures that are unknown or off-limits to all but the locals. Very nice shot, Phil. Really takes us there, and makes me wonder what the three guys in front might be talking about while filling their faces.

Great street scene. Reminds me of old Singapore.
Thank you very much. There are many street food in Asia providing good food but not for everybody.

Latest threads

Top Bottom