2019 - 35/35 - Announcement and conclusion

Real Name
Chris
Week 35 of 2019 starts in 19 days: It's run from Saturday 8/31 to Sunday 9/8/2019. This way the "week" encompasses 2 full weekends, accommodating busy, meme-adverse folks with important daytime activities necessitated by the demands of life. There's minimum contribution only 4 days/4 pictures, but to keep it challenging they all need to be shot with a 35mm lens.

Only 35mm lenses may be used, but how about 35mm equivalent lenses?
-- I'd say sure. But this is a controversial topic, so I'll leave up to the participants.

The millimeter is a bourgeois, cis-male, ethnocentric concept. Can I use my 18-200 lens set to 35mm.
-- if fits into your reality, live it. Who am I to impinge on that? But really, a lens marked 35mm would be best.

9 days? How is that a week, and can I post more than 9 pictures?
-- not in this meme, but you are welcome to post extra pics in a separate thread. Nine days will accommodate folks who work Monday through Friday, giving them time to shoot and post 4 meaningful pictures.

Why are only four (4) pictures needed to qualify?
-- Summer days are lazy days. If you can work more than 4 out of 9 days, my hat is off to you, but don't push it, ok?

What subject matter?
-- it's up to you. Discuss here for more clarification. Keeping it all to the same theme is cool, but so are broad associations, such as "shot for this meme."

How to post?
-- look for a "Week 35 - Day 1" thread in the Memes subforum. When it appears on or around September August 31st, post your photos or discussion in that thread.

Any more rules?
-- my philosophy is that fewer rules lead to more creativity. If you feel more definition is needed for this project, please discuss it in this thread.

Last edited:
Tentively in. If my 35/2 is still here by then I can use it. Otherwise I'll have to use a zoom at 35 or my X100F (35mm eqv FOV).

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Is it ok to have a 35mm on a DX body? I will be travelling with such during the weekend.

Just realised that I presume I would have to use a 23mm on a DX to stick with the spirit of things so I'll just be using the 35 f2D on the D750. Are we starting this weekend or the next?

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Week 35 of 2019 starts in 19 days: It's run from Saturday 8/31 to Sunday 9/8/2019. This way the "week" encompasses 2 full weekends, accommodating busy, meme-adverse folks with important daytime activities necessitated by the demands of life. There's minimum contribution only 4 days/4 pictures, but to keep it challenging they all need to be shot with a 35mm lens.

Only 35mm lenses may be used, but how about 35mm equivalent lenses?
-- I'd say sure. But this is a controversial topic, so I'll leave up to the participants.

The millimeter is a bourgeois, cis-male, ethnocentric concept. Can I use my 18-200 lens set to 35mm.
-- if fits into your reality, live it. Who am I to impinge on that? But really, a lens marked 35mm would be best.

9 days? How is that a week, and can I post more than 9 pictures?
-- not in this meme, but you are welcome to post extra pics in a separate thread. Nine days will accommodate folks who work Monday through Friday, giving them time to shoot and post 4 meaningful pictures.

Why are only four (4) pictures needed to qualify?
-- Summer days are lazy days. If you can work more than 4 out of 9 days, my hat is off to you, but don't push it, ok?

What subject matter?
-- it's up to you. Discuss here for more clarification. Keeping it all to the same theme is cool, but so are broad associations, such as "shot for this meme."

How to post?
-- look for a "Week 35 - Day 1" thread in the Memes subforum. When it appears on or around September August 31st, post your photos or discussion in that thread.

Any more rules?
-- my philosophy is that fewer rules lead to more creativity. If you feel more definition is needed for this project, please discuss it in this thread.
Chris, your time frame is week 36 (European counting)...
Referring to my calendar week 35 is from 8/26 to 9/1.

Please look for it.

I'll participate with my D3S and the 35mm f/1.4G.

Kind regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Curious as well.
Gordon, how is the official counting of the weeks in the US?
In Europe we're already in week 35.

I don't like to high-jack Chris' meme so far...

On the other hand, there's a thread for day 1.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I’m not sure of the rules. I’ve had my 35mm lens attached since Wednesday and I’ve caught a few shots, though I haven’t finished processing them. Can I jump in without having committed in advance, and post some pictures after a particular day is over? And I’m not seeing a unifying theme for the images that have been posted so far, or am I missing something? Or is the theme just 35mm?

Latest threads

Top Bottom