Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 1 (09 Dec)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Klaus - Monday

So let's get started on a Monday morning.
What better could happen?
A cup of coffee, Nikon Café and Emma on the screen...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Enjoy
Klaus

Real Name
Chris
Here's the lens I'm using this week (and it's also my Monday picture):

Day 1 - Storage
Just one of the things that have turned my enclosed rear porch into a storage shed.

Trying to do mostly monochrome this week, with an emphasis on graphic elements. Composed in-camera, might be better to crop bottom to get 5x7 format. What do you think?

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Last edited:
Klaus - Monday

View attachment 1651102

Enjoy
Klaus
Good Morning Klaus! Nice kick-off to the thread!

View attachment 1651105
Morning Chris! I wonder how many f/1.8 versions we'll end up with... :D

Day 1 - Storage
Just one of the things that have turned my enclosed rear porch into a storage shed.
View attachment 1651119
Trying to do mostly monochrome this week, with an emphasis on graphic elements. Composed in-camera, might be better to crop bottom to get 5x7 format. What do you think?
Morning Harry - looks like some areas I had, until I needed to downsize. Personally, I think cropping the bottom might remove some interest.

Will be using the Z 6 + 50/1.8S combo all week. Hope to be able to complete a full week, may resort to some product shots to lessen the physical effort if needed.

Mundane Monday Morning Mountain shot. Still trying to find the perfect spot with minimal foreground clutter and no visible man-made clutter. That waterfall just below and to the right of the peak on the right is supposed to have a dirt road that offers a viewpoint of the falls. Will try to find that this week. Although the 50 might be too tight for the spot.

Klaus - Monday

View attachment 1651102

Enjoy
Klaus
Starting the week with a picture of Emma...why am I surprised? Neat idea for the picture.

View attachment 1651105
My, that looks just like mine! Good job with the sharp focus.

Day 1 - Storage
View attachment 1651119
Reminds me of some of my clutter. I, too, save all lens and camera boxes.

Will be using the Z 6 + 50/1.8S combo all week. Hope to be able to complete a full week, may resort to some product shots to lessen the physical effort if needed.

Mundane Monday Morning Mountain shot. Still trying to find the perfect spot with minimal foreground clutter and no visible man-made clutter. That waterfall just below and to the right of the peak on the right is supposed to have a dirt road that offers a viewpoint of the falls. Will try to find that this week. Although the 50 might be too tight for the spot.
View attachment 1651124
That's a nice one, Gordo. I've read about how sharp that 50/1.8s is, and it shows in that photo.

Today during my walk to and from Hammersmith Bridge.
Nikon D7200 (on its first real outing)
E-Series 50mm 1:1.8 Lens #1197053
JPG SOOC
Picture control set to Kodak Ektachrome
https://nikonpc.com

Alrighty, here I am, armed with my 50mm f/2.8 macro! She's been needing a little love and attention since I've been spending most of my time with the 90mm macro lens.

Pouring rain today, so definitely it was an indoors shooting session. Here's today's shot:

Well just be careful, Gordon. Beautiful waterfall or not, your health comes first. At least you've now set the scene for us. Thanks.

Day 1 - Storage
View attachment 1651119
What I think? I like the idea to go monochrome. When shooting portrait orientation, I usually cut off some of the frame. As you propose, I like more squarer crops, 7:5 would be nice. I go 5:4 even, most of the time.

View attachment 1651124
Aha, another Z lens, showing what it can do ;)
Alrighty, here I am, armed with my 50mm f/2.8 macro! She's been needing a little love and attention since I've been spending most of my time with the 90mm macro lens.

Pouring rain today, so definitely it was an indoors shooting session. Here's today's shot:

View attachment 1651133
YOU decided to leave the foot in ;)

Connie, Christmas greetings to you as well. I already feel more festive than when I arose. Very nice shot ... I almost missed the cute little hanging bear. Looking forward to more of your macros.

My wife preparing for "advent's window", a tradition: every evening in December, until the 24th, someone else opens his house for an aperitif, a drink, a chat... and people are free to join in. You enter your name onto a list before it starts, chosing a day, and try to visit others and host one evening. That day, you present the decoration you've made for a window-frame, also, that will stay illuminated during night, for the rest of December.

For the first day, I messed up with chosing the right lens from the list in the Z 7, so the exif says 35mm, but it was the 50.

Cutting patterns

Z07_6243_1.2_v1.JPG

50mm 1:1.2 @ 1.2, Nikon Z 7 camera body

Stars and tree

Z07_6245_1.2_v1.JPG

50mm 1:1.2 @ 1.2, Nikon Z 7 camera body​

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom