Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 2 (10 Dec)

Gray, windy, cold and rainy day.
Not as fun as yesterday.
Not much to shoot, got squirrels in cemetery, graves (from the church used in the original "The Omen" movie), swans.
All pretty depressing.
This is the best of the lot.
Same set up as yesterday.
View attachment 1651202

Moody. Even the ducks are hunkered down. And Valerie certainly has seen better days.

Moody. Even the ducks are hunkered down. And Valerie certainly has seen better days.
Right you are,
At this rate tomorrow I will have to post an orchestrated scene from my collection of Lego Spacemen originals.

Real Name
Andy
Today, the Jupiter arose early to find reflections in the water and the first glazing of ice on the Fox River before dawn, then later found another in the warmth of my kitchen.
Jupiter-8_20191210_06_554424_19C_6927.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Jupiter-8_20191210_10_595231_19C_6933.jpg

Not feeling up for an extended roaming, so inside for today. Well, and tomorrow - car is having the driver seat foam re-worked and some lumbar support added so I'll be stuck at the apartment all day.

Recently picked up some lighting stuff on sale. Having controllable light and better modifiers is new, so on the bottom of the learning curve right now.

"The Other" 50mm, not being used. Cropped, web-sized original view is in the bucket along with an alternate view.
View attachment 1651229

Like other places in the eastern U.S. it is cold, wet, and windy here today as a cold front passes through. Didn't find much to photograph except the old logging road I walk nearly every day.

JZ6_0952.jpg

I decided that even though it is a lousy day outside for shooting that I would at least see how my 50mm f/2.8 does indoors when NOT shooting macro.....

Work in Process.jpeg

Nick wanted a moose, and lucky me one showed up on the same stump as the cow. We got a light dusting of snow this morning. Ignore the overly curious giant deer in the background, it's size is probably an anomaly of this 50mm lens.
mooseonastump-12-10-19.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Jim! I've had this glass-topped desk for quite a while now; not. long after I got my first iMac I realized that I did not want to keep using a computer in my bedroom, which is where my Windows machine was kept, and the Windows machine was still set up as a working computer at that point. I wasn't ready to switch permanently to the Mac yet, although I was definitely leaning in that direction. I couldn't keep using the dining table for the iMac, so needed a desk or computer workstation in the living room. One day I was in either Staples or Office Depot and saw exactly what I wanted, this one, and promptly purchased it and had it delivered the next day. My first iMac and many other Macs have called it "home" ever since! The 24" LG is a very recent new addition, since once I began processing images with higher resolution than in the past, I knew I couldn't stall around any longer, really, really needed a proper and larger monitor than the 15" MBP screen.

When they delivered the workstation and were setting it up, there is an additional glass shelf that also fits on to the desk but I immediately decided to leave that off for more versatility in the future with regard to arranging things on the desk, which has worked out well. I do have to be careful since the desktop IS glass, and I do have to get out the Windex every now and then and clean it, too. Yeah, I'll freely admit that the desk is not always this tidy and neat!!!! Rarely is it, actually..... One reason it is right now is because of needing to reorganize it for placement and positioning of the new external monitor. The desk has a glass slide-out keyboard tray, and the legs are a gracefully curved stainless steel so that overall this setup doesn't look like a business office, which is important to me since it is actually in my living room. I've been very happy with this workstation through the years. Off to one side there is a smaller glass workstation which supports my printer and a desktop external drive.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Klaus - Tuesday

Ha! Emma found Cheryl's lipstick... :wideyed: :eek: :D

D3S_0046.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

Buster in the backyard visiting with his friends. Cold here this morning.
_DSC0034_1.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom