Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 3 (11 Dec)

<snip>
Gordon: I'm not a knife guy, but that handle is gorgeous. Using the stone as a background was a brilliant idea.
Thanks Nick. It's Desert Ironwood. The shading is subtle, but when you can get it to show, it looks quite nice.

Product shot or not, the knife is beautiful, and the two textures of blade and handle against the color and texture of the stone background is perfect, in my opinion. I think you are being too hard on yourself.

Good luck on your venture out tomorrow ..... but take it easy!
Harry - thank you.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Klaus - Wednesday

Just a quick shot of my old, but reliable working horse...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nearly turning 10 years old the D700 is still working strong. It acompanied me to so many places - I stopped counting...

Enjoy
Klaus

Real Name
Chris
I'm just sliding in on this one! Royce and I spent the day working on potty skills, and you don't want to see that.

On the other hand, I got a new lens today!

newLaowaLens.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
Yes, Chris. Uncle Frank called it by this name.
His critics about the lens were the reason I've bought it.
And I was never disapointed.

Kind regards
Klaus
I'll bet Uncle Frank sold a LOT of 85s right on this very forum! LOL!!! I'm another one who bought that lens after he kept singing its praises! I loved the creamy bokeh but didn't really use it much for portraits, though, and that's truly where it shines.

I'm just sliding in on this one! Royce and I spent the day working on potty skills, and you don't want to see that.

View attachment 1651359
That lens should produce some really interesting images!!!! I've heard about Laowa lenses but have not actually used one. After my bank account has had a chance to settle down after the massive hit to it a few weeks ago I'll be looking around for more macro lenses.....and Laowa was a name I have been keeping in mind.

Klaus - Wednesday

View attachment 1651360

Nearly turning 10 years old the D700 is still working strong. It acompanied me to so many places - I stopped counting...

Enjoy
Klaus
That is a wonderful combo IMHO.

View attachment 1651359
Neat! Ultra-wides can do some fun stuff.

Yes, Chris. Uncle Frank called it by this name.
His critics about the lens were the reason I've bought it.
And I was never disapointed.

Kind regards
Klaus
I still keep the D750 so I can use my 2 favorites, the 28/1.4D and the mentioned 85/1.4D. I can do so much with just these two lenses and a camera that offers a focus motor. They were nice on the D3 (but the 12mp sometimes I think are a bit limiting), but the D750 is smaller, lighter, enough for my use (and still better at AF than the D3).

If it weren't for these two lenses, I think I might sell all DSLR equipement - which means D3, D750, and all the AF lenses (AF without -S,). I'm not fast enough to use the 85/1.4D in manual mode on the Z 7, even though I can switch on all the MF-helpers mirrorless offers.

Klaus - Wednesday

Enjoy
Klaus
That camera will go down as one of Nikon's all-time classic cameras, I am convinced. It really ushered in the full frame era, even more so than did the D3 in my opinion. And as you say, it still takes great photos.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom