Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 4 (12 Dec)

Absolute disaster weather wise. Since my Xmas tree is not up yet, that is not an option.
Yesterday or the day before someone mentioned that Valerie (the old boat) should be safely taken out of the water for winter storage.
I went to the yacht club to find out what they did with old unloved boats.
I had to aim the camera at arms length through the locked fence while it was raining.

I might change the picture if I find something more interesting later on.
It might even be a late night Thames picture.
DSC_0890.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
That combo Lens+Camera is insane !
So sharp.

Absolute disaster weather wise. Since my Xmas tree is not up yet, that is not an option.
Yesterday or the day before someone mentioned that Valerie (the old boat) should be safely taken out of the water for winter storage.
I had to aim the camera at arms length through the locked fence while it was raining.

View attachment 1651379
The unloved boat yard. Definitely a story or three to be had.

So sharp.

View attachment 1651386
Love the atmosphere of this one.

Busy moving snow around (again). What a PIA this slushy snow is
. Anyway, the deer were curious and came out to see what I was up too. Put the shovel up and got my camera, hid (?) behind a tree, I wasn't hiding very well, they knew were I was and kept an eye on me.

Last edited:
That reflection almost looks like a painting. Very cool.

Busy moving snow around (again). What a PIA this slushy snow isView attachment 1651392View attachment 1651393. Anyway, the deer were curious and came out to see what I was up too. Put the shovel up and got my camera, hid (?) behind a tree, I wasn't hiding very well, they knew were I was and kept an eye on me.
Love the expression on the small one.

View attachment 1651379
So sharp.

View attachment 1651386
We're seeing a bit of London...including some of its seedier sides. Keep 'em coming.

Busy moving snow around (again). What a PIA this slushy snow isView attachment 1651392View attachment 1651393. Anyway, the deer were curious and came out to see what I was up too. Put the shovel up and got my camera, hid (?) behind a tree, I wasn't hiding very well, they knew were I was and kept an eye on me.

Looks like my back yard, though I believe your deer are tamer. We're only about 0.1 miles from the National Forest where open season on deer has been going on.

Crossing the bridge

Day 4 - Not a Lump of Coal in My Stocking, But .........

not a nice early Christmas present, either. Somebody sideswiped my rearview mirror during the night and created this (two other pictures in the bucket.) My guess is it was either a truck or a large SUV, since their mirror obviously was higher than mine. Glad it wasn't a full sideswipe.
Day 4_12-12-2019_Broken Sideview Mirror_Back View.JPG

Here is the link to the bucket: Bucket Shots

Last edited:

I second Nick's sentiments. But you shouldn't feel bad about the photo. A lot there to see for entertainment. They just park them there? For years?

Busy moving snow around (again). What a PIA this slushy snow is. Anyway, the deer were curious and came out to see what I was up too. Put the shovel up and got my camera, hid (?) behind a tree, I wasn't hiding very well, they knew were I was and kept an eye on me.
Big eyed Bambi's for sure, Rick. I'd love to have those guy's visit me every day.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom