Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 5 (13 Dec)

I have ended up with a cold and feeling kind of yucky. I took a photo yesterday, but didn't get it shared. So I am going to share Thursday's photo today. Hopefully I'll end up the week strong with photos for Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't work on reshooting my village, but instead got an outdoor light photo in my yard.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It is pouring rain here and I have to go out in it this afternoon for an ophthalmology appointment -- ugh! Also am trying to get organized for a weekend trip, so today's shot was rather quickly pulled together and shot..... When doing some tidying up yesterday I ran across my container of favorite Christmas albums -- just in time for enjoying now!

An old-fashioned Christmas with my music on CDs:

I have ended up with a cold and feeling kind of yucky. I took a photo yesterday, but didn't get it shared. So I am going to share Thursday's photo today. Hopefully I'll end up the week strong with photos for Saturday and Sunday.

I didn't work on reshooting my village, but instead got an outdoor light photo in my yard.

View attachment 1651446
It is pouring rain here and I have to go out in it this afternoon for an ophthalmology appointment -- ugh! Also am trying to get organized for a weekend trip, so today's shot was rather quickly pulled together and shot..... When doing some tidying up yesterday I ran across my container of favorite Christmas albums -- just in time for enjoying now!

View attachment 1651447
Lots of Christmas spirit displayed here. Well done, Ladies!

Please don't try to compliment this as a beautiful or innovative photo. It's just a placeholder for Day 5 and shows why I'm not out shooting pictures today.

Really quite beautiful, Terri. And that lens handles OOF highlights really well.

Music is every bit an important part of the season, isn't it Connie? Your photo has moved me to go dig out my own treasure bin .... you can now hear it playing in the background!

Rocketship
Really interesting sculpture/part of a playground (I think). The dark, ominous background makes it seem menacing. What's the story?
Please don't try to compliment this as a beautiful or innovative photo. It's just a placeholder for Day 5 and shows why I'm not out shooting pictures today.
What?? You're going to let a little ice and rain ruin your day? Shame on you!:p:D

After the longer evening yesterday, this was a long day at work. I was 'on tour' for the whole day, as I had to drive to a pension funds board meeting. With lunch, we finished at around 3 p.m. ...

So just 3 quick portraits will have to suffice, today - I tried to get quite different ones, at least.

First 'portrait' - and reason for many facepalms in the meeting - is of this years Christmas present a bigger insurance company brought. The representative was a bit embarrassed himself, as he didn't like what the 'marketing gu....' have come up with. It should go together with a campaign saying 'they're ahead of the time', or like that, maybe... well.

A Christmas bunny - 'Easter's at the door!', they said
(how 'creative' 's that?)

Z07_6368_1.2_v1.JPG

Nikon 50mm 1:1.2 lens @ f/1.2

Second one with this lens, just leaving a flower in focus...

Mayla getting Mama's hair done

Z07_6350_1.2_v1.JPG

And one done with auto focus, before sending them to bed ;)

Tired Luca and his Milk

Z07_6342_v1.JPG

Day 5 -
I have been luckier than Jim in that the rain has held off until this afternoon. So I was able to complete my walk this morning. But it has been chilly and damp ... so a very good day to appreciate the indoor warmth.

This is a photo from my dining room/office/den where I am now holed up starting my Christmas cards. It's as close to outdoors as I want to get for the remainder of the day.
Day 5_12-9-2019_Dining Rm-Study Window13.JPG

I took some shots at f/1.6 which are not nearly as sharp (the 50/1.4 doesn't reach maximum sharpness until f/4). I preferred the framing on one of them (more dark on the two sides) but just couldn't live with the lack of detail compared to this one at f/3.5. That one is in the bucket. Which do you prefer? Bucket Shot

Last edited:

View attachment 1651446
That's a nice shot. Hope you get feeling better Terri.

View attachment 1651447
Nice travel package. :)

Near silhouette - nice. I would have had a blast on that thing as a kid. :D

Freezing rain - ugh.

After the longer evening yesterday, this was a long day at work. I was 'on tour' for the whole day, as I had to drive to a pension funds board meeting. With lunch, we finished at around 3 p.m. ...

So just 3 quick portraits will have to suffice, today - I tried to get quite different ones, at least.

First 'portrait' - and reason for many facepalms in the meeting - is of this years Christmas present a bigger insurance company brought. The representative was a bit embarrassed himself, as he didn't like what the 'marketing gu....' have come up with. It should go together with a campaign saying 'they're ahead of the time', or like that, maybe... well.

A Christmas bunny - 'Easter's at the door!', they said
(how 'creative' 's that?)

View attachment 1651455

Second one with this lens, just leaving a flower in focus...

Mayla getting Mama's hair done

View attachment 1651454

And one done with auto focus, before sending them to bed ;)

Tired Luca and his Milk

View attachment 1651453
Cute set with the kiddos. And yeah, marketing peeps can sometimes be a bit, off.

Day 5 -
I have been luckier than Jim in that the rain has held off until this afternoon. So I was able to complete my walk this morning. But it has been chilly and damp ... so a very good day to appreciate the indoor warmth.

This is a photo from my dining room/office/den where I am now holed up starting my Christmas cards. It's as close to outdoors as I want to get for the remainder of the day.
View attachment 1651461
I took some shots at f/1.6 which are not nearly as sharp (the 50/1.4 doesn't reach maximum sharpness until f/4). I preferred the framing on one of them (more dark on the two sides) but just couldn't live with the lack of detail compared to this one at f/3.5. That one is in the bucket. Which do you prefer? Bucket Shot
Love the angles framed in the window.

Contrast to day 1, clear blue skies and no waterfall. No crop, just adjusted a bit for haze and resized for web.

Real Name
Chris
A Tale of Two Grandchildren

Royce's cousin came for a visit today, so we rode the train!

I started walking for exercise a couple of months ago, I walk 6 miles a day now on average. This winter I looked around for places to walk inside, the 3 choices here are Walmart, North 40 and Home Depot, the one I visit most often is Home Depot. Lot of stuff to look at, what has really surprised me is the number of cordless tools. I went there today and took some photos trying to use a technique I saw in a Youtube video a couple of months ago - moving the camera. Results vary a lot, I don't like most of them. I only remember what one of these is - the 2nd photo is those little sample cards they have in the paint department.
homedepot1-12-13-19.jpg
homedepot2-12-13-19.jpg
homedepot4-12-13-14.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
I’ve been doing product photos of various items that we’re selling off via eBay and Facebook marketplace. Normally, my go to lens is the 55mm Micro-Nikon, but as it is Week 50, I thought I would do a little shootout between a new-ish Nikkor, the Jupiter-8 that has been my “official lens of the meme” and the radioactive Takumar. So, here are three shots from three at f/11, with a static setup, camera fixed on tripod at ISO 100, 1/2" exposure, SOOC jpgs:

1. Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

2. Jupiter-8 50mm f/2

3. Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom