Share 2019 - 50/50 Day 7 (15 Dec)

Far too busy today but managed to get a few pictures.
I may add a couple more later this evening.
That was a very fun week and I loved playing with this lens.
I will definitely see how my other series E lenses perform.
They are more rewarding than the AF lenses. (this is just a hobby for me).
I wished the D7200 had a full pull out articulated screen (similar to my Sony A5000 and old MiniDV camcorders).
I am not sure the Series E lenses would work with the D5X00 series and the D500 is a bit out of my range.
Pix2.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Still can't believe how nice the star effect of the lens can be.
It captured reflection quite well too.
Pix3.JPG

The next picture is of the Hurlingham club where the rules of Polo were published. Croquet was also very central to the club.
There is a 30-year membership waiting list at the moment.
It has a rich history.
Pix4.JPG

And then it started to rain...
Pix5.jpg

Last edited:
Today was the first in several days that we haven't had rain so I went outdoors to see if I could find anything interesting..... Not really, but it's got some seasonal appeal, I suppose. The wind kept blowing, occasionally gusting at just the wrong times, which didn't help matters any!

Holly Berries for Christmas.jpeg

I looked more closely at the leaves and realized that these are not Holly berries, as I'd originally thought! Whatever they are they're nice and red for the holiday season, anyway...... I also decided I wasn't all that happy with the image above, so went outside again and....um....liberated a few from their bush and brought them into the house for closer examination by the camera and me:

Last edited:
I wished the D7200 had a pull out screen though.
I am not sure the Series E lenses would work with the D5X00 series and the D500 is a bit out of my range.
View attachment 1651577
It capture reflection quite well too.
View attachment 1651578
The next picture is of the Hurlingham club where the rules of Polo were published. Croquet was also very central to the club.
It has a rich history.
View attachment 1651579
And then it started to rain...View attachment 1651580
Beautiful, super last day for your series...

The star effect is remarkably good, indeed. You call it 'reflection' shot, but in that one, the lights along the staircase, they're brilliant!

Beautiful, super last day for your series...

The star effect is remarkably good, indeed. You call it 'reflection' shot, but in that one, the lights along the staircase, they're brilliant!
Thanks,

For the reflection I meant the red and blues on the Thames which are coming out very nicely too.
This plastic lens has a lot of benefits and I will carry it with me as weight is one of them.

Real Name
Andy
Christmas cookie production has begun at my house. Here is the result of my wife and daughter's afternoon of work. This is a 3-image stack, with portions of each layer manually masked to keep the backsplash blurry but the cookies sharp (or at least as sharp as the Jupiter-8 can manage):
Jupiter-8_20191215_15_122218_19C_7458-Edit.jpg

First one from my midday walk, pushing the buggy. We got many trees, younger and elder, around the fringe area of the village. Many apples, but others as well.
Number 2 and 3 were taken at home, using the 50/1.2 again for a change.

Trees 'n shed

Z07_6524_v1.JPG

Experienced drinking bottle
(Mayla's daily companion, showing the years of beating)

Z07_6542_v1.JPG

Nikon 50mm 1:1.2 lens @ f/1.2

I need a flower shot

Z07_6546_v1.JPG

Nikon 50mm 1:1.2 lens @ f/1.2​

I just thought I would compare the 50mm Series E on the D7200 and mounted onthe Sony A5000.
Manual on the A5000 but I used the settings from the D7200
1st D7200

A5000 just now (but it started to rain) - all manual same settings

2 year old grand daughter came over to visit and give her parents a chance to get some furniture moved. She likes riding her tricycle around. I recently put new grips and the bell on the trike. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my kids, I was off shore working. This kid thing is new
, and I'll admit quite a bit of fun. She's an interesting little character.

Looks like I am nearly the last to post a photo here .... but the cards are done! Fortunately the sun allowed another shadow shot .... this time of a metal lamp that I have abandoned for now and is just sitting in storage, albeit in a storage area with a window. Thought the various angles, shapes, shadows, and shade densities made for an interesting shot.

Day 7_12-8-2019_Abandoned Lamp.JPG

Kinda sad the week is over already, but it has been fun seeing all the '50's in action. Now to visit.

Last edited:
I wished the D7200 had a full pull out articulated screen (similar to my Sony A5000 and old MiniDV camcorders).

It capture reflection quite well too.

It has a rich history.

And then it started to rain...
Morty, for somebody always short of time you've done an incredible job illustrating what that 50 "E" can do. I'm inspired to get mine out and use if more often. If you have the 100 "E", I'd try that next. The bokeh is even better and (hint) it is 105mm in length, not 100mm. Essentially it is the Nikon 105mm without coating .... and nearly as good.

Today was the first in several days that we haven't had rain so I went outdoors to see if I could find anything interesting..... Not really, but it's got some seasonal appeal, I suppose. The wind kept blowing, occasionally gusting at just the wrong times, which didn't help matters any!

I looked more closely at the leaves and realized that these are not Holly berries, as I'd originally thought! Whatever they are they're nice and red for the holiday season, anyway...... I also decided I wasn't all that happy with the image above, so went outside again and....um....liberated a few from their bush and brought them into the house for closer examination by the camera and me:

View attachment 1651603
Holiday berries are worth repeating, Connie. That macro caught them good this time!

Christmas cookie production has begun at my house. Here is the result of my wife and daughter's afternoon of work. This is a 3-image stack, with portions of each layer manually masked to keep the backsplash blurry but the cookies sharp (or at least as sharp as the Jupiter-8 can manage):
View attachment 1651611
I'm hungry already, Andy. And the lens is certainly sharp enough for most purposes. Nicely done.

First one from my midday walk, pushing the buggy. We got many trees, younger and elder, around the fringe area of the village. Many apples, but others as well.
Number 2 and 3 were taken at home, using the 50/1.2 again for a change.

Trees 'n shed

View attachment 1651610

Experienced drinking bottle
(Mayla's daily companion, showing the years of beating)

View attachment 1651608
Nikon 50mm 1:1.2 lens @ f/1.2

I need a flower shot

View attachment 1651609
Nikon 50mm 1:1.2 lens @ f/1.2​
I envy you the easy walk into the countryside, Roland. I bet that orchard is irresistible on a late August day.

I just thought I would compare the 50mm Series E on the D7200 and mounted onthe Sony A5000.
Manual on the A5000 but I used the settings from the D7200
1st D7200
View attachment 1651617

A5000 just now (but it started to rain) - all manual same settings
View attachment 1651618
No contest here, Morty. But I imagine the A6000 series would come a lot closer. But for now you certainly know you've upgraded.

2 year old grand daughter came over to visit and give her parents a chance to get some furniture moved. She likes riding her tricycle around. I recently put new grips and the bell on the trike. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my kids, I was off shore working. This kid thing is newView attachment 1651621View attachment 1651622, and I'll admit quite a bit of fun. She's an interesting little character.
She's adorable and those are great shots, Rick. I'm sure her folks and eventually she herself will cherish them. Make sure you get them printed (an issue I am struggling with right now as years of digital will not survive my death unless I can somehow make the "solid" for my daughter.)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom