Critique 2019 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Hardcore - 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor - Day 31 - A New Day + Epilogue

I've been off the grid for a few days, so do excuse the big dump of comments.

16 Fox River trail: That couple makes the shot--and the composition and the lighting.
17 Eclipse: Most creative, this could be habit forming.
18 Rotation: A distinct sense of vertigo. I think it might be from the branches on the right echoing the motion of the stars. I've never tries one of these, maybe I should . . . .nows the time.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Andy, last images are a ton of fun, eclipse is unique, and glad to see your astrophotography post with workflow. By the way, you are invited down to SE MO, in 2024 for totality, we have over 4 minutes at our farm house this time. Weather permitting of course, if cloudy I will be on the road hunting for cloud free skies.

Real Name
Andy
I've been off the grid for a few days, so do excuse the big dump of comments.

16 Fox River trail: That couple makes the shot--and the composition and the lighting.
17 Eclipse: Most creative, this could be habit forming.
18 Rotation: A distinct sense of vertigo. I think it might be from the branches on the right echoing the motion of the stars. I've never tries one of these, maybe I should . . . .nows the time.
Thanks for catching up, Nick. I appreciate the kind words.

Real Name
Andy
Andy, last images are a ton of fun, eclipse is unique, and glad to see your astrophotography post with workflow. By the way, you are invited down to SE MO, in 2024 for totality, we have over 4 minutes at our farm house this time. Weather permitting of course, if cloudy I will be on the road hunting for cloud free skies.
That's a great offer! Last time around we found an OK spot in Marion, IL, but we'll keep MO in mind for 2024.

Real Name
Andy
19. A Small Tomato (Or a Large Cork?)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Four images autoaligned in PS and stacked. One-light setup was a small incandescent gooseneck lamp almost directly overhead covered by a 3x5 notecard with slits cut out to create the grid effect. Background was a thin piece of high density foam curled up to form a seamless backdrop.

Real Name
Chris
The star shot is amazing! (Now I've got to look into StarStax.) Your tabletop expertise really shows in the latest one. Thanks for sharing your setup. it's not, but you make it look easy.

19. A Small Tomato (Or a Large Cork?)
View attachment 1648498
Four images autoaligned in PS and stacked. One-light setup was a small incandescent gooseneck lamp almost directly overhead covered by a 3x5 notecard with slits cut out to create the grid effect. Background was a thin piece of high density foam curled up to form a seamless backdrop.
Exceptional job. Colors are great, and the slits was a stroke of genius. I would have never have thought of that. Well done!

Real Name
Andy
The star shot is amazing! (Now I've got to look into StarStax.) Your tabletop expertise really shows in the latest one. Thanks for sharing your setup. it's not, but you make it look easy.
That software is really only necessary if you don't have PhotoShop, which does a really nice job with the added benefit of keeping the image as a fully editable TIFF. Glad you enjoyed the latest tabletop exercise.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom