Critique 2019 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Hardcore - 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor - Day 31 - A New Day + Epilogue

Real Name
Andy
20. Swirl
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not terribly inspired today, so I just tried to salvage the least underwhelming of today's frames.

Real Name
Andy
Day 20:
You sound like I feel, as you'll see in a few when I post. I like this--flames? Contemplative for sure! Some of that wine would be most appropriate.
Thanks, Nick. I think I snapped about 1500 frames too many yesterday at a cross country meet, none with my Octoberfest lens. I could probably go for a nice glass of wine and some good classical music too.

Real Name
Chris
I can imagine whoever does the patching ... sticks a bag of mortar in the wheel barrow and grumbles, "time to fix the wall again." Trowels it on, and walks away. And that's how you build character!

Very well shot Andy.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Old arch works very well, and having some warm tones on the foreground arch really helps solidify the image.

22. Have you thought about a BW conversion, love the movement aspect of the water, maybe a touch off the left side image? Well done.

Real Name
Andy
22. Have you thought about a BW conversion...?
I hate to sacrifice the warmth of the morning light (which was fleeting due to cloud cover), but perhaps you're still right. I'll give it a try.
22. ...love the movement aspect of the water, maybe a touch off the left side image?
Do you mean crop in from the left?

Real Name
Andy
22: I love the absence of anything that would give a sense of scale, and the rich light.
Thanks for that comment, Nick. I was indeed trying to make the waterfalls look larger. They are, in fact just the ebb of the waves as they crashed up on the embankment. It was a very soggy but enjoyable shooting experience trying to catch the right moment.

Real Name
Andy
As it is still the 22nd, (I hope this is OK...) I'm updating my image with a crop improved by Wade's advice.

22. Waterfalls and Waves
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom