Critique 2019 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) – Hardcore - 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor - Day 31 - A New Day + Epilogue

Real Name
Andy
Here's what I will use for Octoberfest 2019:
Octoberfest 20190927_11310322_19A_8851.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
For f/11.0 that's very decent background blur and a surprisingly narrow dof.
Thanks, Nick. The close focusing capability of this lens allows a great deal of DOF flexibility. In this image I tried to make a small flower look big and a big background look less significant without obliterating it completely.

Real Name
Andy
I live on a street that has what they call a regrind surface--made up of crushed old pavement. This shot is solid gold!
Looks like steppes! Well seen.
Nicely done! I really like the perspective and subject.
Stunning! Impressive subject, but strong picture of it, that's what counts!
Nice and low, Very nice Andy!
Very nice, interesting perspective.
Thanks to all for looking and commenting. As always, suggestions for improvements are also extremely welcome.

Nice to meet you Andy - and I must congratulate you on a couple of strong starting images.

Flowers/plants and OOF backgrounds are classic macro fare and you have done a very good job here.
Number 2 is very strong. I often have a problem with OOF foreground elements, but in this case the transition to the sharp area of the road materials works very well.

Show me more!

Just a question to clear things up for me... are you planning on using the e-tube for each shot or simply when it is called for?

Latest threads

Top Bottom