Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

Day 7:

My morning walk delivered nothing worth shooting. Then a few moments ago the sun decided to show its face and so I shot some of the stairs in our house, sort of.

This is a view of the neighbors across the street to the north, a view we only see as we go up or down the stairs. Kind of a wasted or an occasional view. The odd exposure settings are a consequence of forgetting to turn off auto ISO that I'd been using this morning when I expected to need the higher ISO. As they say, memory is the second thing to go . . .:(

Meme7-003_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Unique view with window frame! Good colors, roof slightly distracting, but still like this a lot!

Real Name
Chris
6: proof that the adage should have been "the pear doesn't fall far from the tree".
7: I'm not gonna show this picture to my wife, or she would be pushing to move to Idaho.

What a beautiful scene you wake up to in your morning descent of the stairs.

I would shudder to think how often I would tumble down the stairs being distracted by that view, Nick. At first glimpse, it is a simple scene, but further study uncovers lots of interesting detail.
Well done

I'm exactly with David here - there are many many things much worse than having to look at THAT every day. Very intense colours, uncommon framing inside the frame… Hasn't turned out bad as a photo either.

Erhm, you not only left AutoISO on, you also set either the 'base' ISO to start from up to 2500, or you messed up the shutter speed on top :) :p

I'm exactly with David here - there are many many things much worse than having to look at THAT every day. Very intense colours, uncommon framing inside the frame… Hasn't turned out bad as a photo either.

Erhm, you not only left AutoISO on, you also set either the 'base' ISO to start from up to 2500, or you messed up the shutter speed on top :) :p

OK, I'l practice some more, sigh :oops: Could be worse, I could have been shooting film and had the lens cap on, or? :D

Day 8:
Something different from me. Explanation in the bucket later. But first, a question: Where am I?
Meme8-010_Nik_DxO.jpg

Very interesting image Nick.
Either a well-worn piece of timber or
a shot from high altitude of a desert scene with snow highlighted on some of the ridges?

Tell me I'm completely wrong! :D

Day 9:

First snow, but not enough to be interesting.

I came across a stand of dried Teasel, an introduced noxious weed from Europe. The snow made them look slightly angelic, or at the very least, like blanked-faced humans.

Early settlers used the heads to card (comb) wool.

Meme9-024_DxO.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom